As of today, 4 May 2011, AC moves to SFO International

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by SQ LPP, May 4, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. SQ LPP
    Original Member

SQ LPP Gold Member

Status Points:
    AC now departs and arrives at SFO International Terminal.
    The check-in area is near to Terminal A at Aisle 12. If you are taking taxi or being driven to the airport, you stop at Door 1 - the first door after the ramp up.
    If you take BART, you have to walk from the station passing UA check-in area (Aisle 1) all the way to the other end.
    AC will use both Terminal A and G. Here is the run down. After 4pm, the flights will depart from Terminal G. I noticed on the board one flight will go to YVR and the later red eye will go to YYZ. The last two AC flights arriving in SFO will arrive at Terminal G. I believe one from YVR and one from YYZ. Therefore, the first two flights out from SFO the next day will depart from Terminal G. After those flights until 4pm, AC will use the gates at Terminal A.
    Confusing? :) Now I recall there is no *A lounge at Terminal A. I wonder which lounge AC will use. I forgot to ask the agent. (Sorry!). I remember there is NW lounge and BA lounge.
    Of course for Terminal G we have the Red Carpet Club. Unfortunately, the opening hours of Silverr Kris Lounge do not match with the departure of AC flights from Terminal G.

milchap and SensFan like this.
  2. RoninTech
    Original Member

RoninTech Silver Member

Status Points:
    Excellent! We are doing YYC-SFO-FRA... next year and this means we won't have to trek between terminals so more time in the F lounge.:)

3. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    LH departs terminal G at SFO. It seems AC will now be using terminal A? Won't this increase the trek?

4. RoninTech
    Original Member

RoninTech Silver Member

Status Points:
    Doh! Didn't realize there were multiple international terminals at SFO. Thanks for clarifying.

5. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Me too- If I understand correctly, there are two sets of International Gates: "A" and "G"- I am not sure if there is any connection between them as I have never flown out of "A". They are located on opposite sides of the main hall International. LH and LX both fly out of G. G has an OK fastfood Mexican restaurant, a news stand which isn't bad, and a few shops (which are closed if you are on the later evening departures out of G). The UA RCC is typically so busy that it is not worth visiting- IFL is better but only accessible if you are holding a *alliance Boarding Pass in F (and I think it closes before the later summer-only LH departure to FRA- but don't remember actually as I usually just arrive ~75 minutes prior to flight departure and sit at said Mexcian fastfood place).

RoninTech likes this.
  6. RoninTech
    Original Member

RoninTech Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well if they are in the same building that's fine by me. :) We'll be heading straight to the IFL with our LH F bp's (departs at 2:45pm).

7. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Enjoy your flight. Your F lounge experience at FRA will be far superior to SFO, however better lounge than nothing! Hopefully an expert can advise you on how to get from A to G with the minimum of effort/hassle.

8. RoninTech
    Original Member

RoninTech Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, really looking forward to going back to the FRA and BKK F lounges.

TRAVELSIG likes this.
  9. SQ LPP
    Original Member

SQ LPP Gold Member

Status Points:
    Door 1

[​IMG]

Check-In Area 12

[​IMG]

AC Counters

[​IMG]

Terminal G is straight ahead (after North Food Court)
    Terminal A security check is just step away from AC check-in counters

[​IMG]

The old AC counters

[​IMG]

Exit Row and RoninTech like this.
  10. RoninTech
    Original Member

RoninTech Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wow, thanks!

11. SQ LPP
    Original Member

SQ LPP Gold Member

Status Points:
    By arriving on AC at Terminal A, a pax has to go from the south side to the north side of the International Terminal. And to enter Terminal G, one has to go through security checks, which sometimes have really long line. Previously, arriving on AC at Terminal E, one can just walk inside secure area to the Terminal G (passing through UA Terminal F)

12. Rejuvenated
    Original Member

Rejuvenated Gold Member

Status Points:
    No doubt I much prefer the Int'l T over T3. So I'm all for this move.

13. SQ LPP
    Original Member

SQ LPP Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you depart from International Terminal A, your lounge is Delta Sky Lounge.

14. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Only for paid executive class or also AC Elite?

SQ LPP likes this.
  15. SQ LPP
    Original Member

SQ LPP Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was traveling in Y as AC Elite. The agent said *G status will be able to use the lounge as well.

TRAVELSIG likes this.