AS Miles For LAN Ecuador

Discussion in 'Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan' started by ballardFlyer, Nov 21, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I recently flew on LAN for 4 segments in Ecuador using my AS number. The flight numbers were all XL####. The number range met the AS requirements, but the AS website indicates the flight numbers must be LA as the airline code.

LAN Ecuador is a subsidiary of LAN with the separate XL code instead of LA for LAN Chile. LAN Peru is also a subsidiary and also has its own airline code - LP. I've read of people on another board getting AS miles for LAN Peru, but haven't seen that for LAN Ecuador.

Anyone have experience with this?

2. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    All LP flights are now marketed with LA flight numbers starting with 2 (even though they say Operated by Lan Peru, and the screens, etc. will be LP). Were the flight #s on your BP XL or LA? In any event, how long ago did you fly? You need to wait about 3 weeks to see if the miles post (in my experience) before sending in for AS credit.

3. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks - they were XL#s. I tried numerous times to book these flights as LA#s for these flight, but no dice. They did take my FF number though saying "Alaska? Do you mean American?" :)

4. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    Does you BP read ASxxxxxxxx for the number? I've had an LP agent downright refuse to take my AS MP#. I've also had an LA agent not think AS is a partner, check with someone else, and then put it in.

5. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Believe it or not they had paper handwritten tickets where they wrote in your name and seat number on the card stock. There wasn't a FF number spot on the ticket cardstock so they wrote my MP number next to my name on their separate handwritten flight manifest.

She didn't know Alaska was a partner, but I showed her the website :)

The plane was a brand new A320 though so they aren't in the stone age everywhere.

6. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well my LAN Ecuador miles on XL numbers posted to AS. I emailed MP earlier this week and the miles magically appeared 48 hrs later so I'm happy. Keep your LAN Ecuador BPs and receipts though. I had to scan and email both in.