AS iPhone app now supports SDC and standby before original flight listed as "free"!

Discussion in 'Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan' started by ballardFlyer, Dec 11, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    The AS iPhone app now supports SDC transactions!

In addition the release notes and update description on the App Store days "standby for an earlier flight is free" which would be a change in policy since standby used to only be shuttle routes and MVPG+.

image-2296763487.jpg

Not sure if that was a mistake or not because website doesn't agree. I have AS flights on Sat so I will report back.

LauraPDX likes this.
  2. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just a quick update that standby option was not listed for non-MVPG or shuttle flights in the iPhone app. Only the confirmed option appeared in that case.

I noticed the release notes for the iPad version no longer had the "free standby for earlier flights" blurb either. Oh well.

On a more positive note I was able to SDC with out issue from my phone which was fantastic!

Last thing I need to verify is if it picks up the extended 10pm night before change window for MVP+ like the website or not.