As if SM wasn't already *BEST IN CLASS*...now there will be a NEW CLASS

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by redtailshark, Mar 29, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    But I don't intend to find out how hard it's going to be to redeem SM under the new regime
    Bail, all of it. The aggravations associated with SM redemption are already unbelievable. Random SM demands are presented when I attempt MAD to MEX, with numbers that correspond to multiples of SM never before seen even under the old "THREE-TIER" scheme.

I'm in this situation because my SM balance has once more crept up although I had avoided DL when reasonable. Now I have enough SM notionally - for another month or two - for TATL redemptions if mythical LOW or even MED can be found.

Yes I have MP and even AA miles. But objective comparison with UA's or AA's award system is not even worth a moment of time. I just don't want to burn valuable MP currency that can do useful things before I burn all of those soon-to-be-worthless SM.

The following message has been consistent - as you all know. For years, I've agreed fully with Jeff R when he states:

DL SM is *best in class*

*best in class*

*best in class*

Here's the beat...

But soon they're going to invent a new class of FFP - a program that drives no marginal purchasing whatsoever, either of flights or affiliated products and services. Why bother with any of it?

2. DiverDave
    Original Member

DiverDave Gold Member

Status Points:
    Worse than 635K? :eek:

David

3. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    I've priced legal open jaw roundtrip business class awards at over 700k.

rwoman likes this.
  4. DiverDave
    Original Member

DiverDave Gold Member

Status Points:
    Maybe we need to start keeping records.

David