AS Debit Card - how are miles calculated?

Discussion in 'Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan' started by Stiga9, Oct 5, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Stiga9

Stiga9 Active Member

Status Points:
    So they gave me 642 miles which supposedely means $1284.00 spent.

From September 1-30 (when the purchases cleared), I spent $1542 in swipes (signatures) and $2.15 in PIN purchases. None in which equals 642 miles. I write all my purchases down on a spreadsheet and their wasnt alot to keep track of. I tried to add up ANY purchases that would equal $1284 and i couldnt. So weird...

FWIW, I last used the card on 9/26 (cleared on 9/27) for $844.64. And there were no AS purchases.

Anyone have a clue?
    Screenshot_2013-10-05-21-40-20-1.png

Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  2. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have noticed that in my store, many affinity cards now separate Sales Tax like they are not counting Sales Tax for Mileage anymore. Particularly Discover, American Express and some Corporate Mileage affinity cards.
    Check your purchases for cost before tax and see if that is where it is showing up.

Stiga9 likes this.
  3. Stiga9

Stiga9 Active Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. It is possible that they don't include tax. The numbers look a little closer to what it should but still wonky. I will have to test it again next month.
    Both PIN and swipe signature counts, right?

4. LETTERBOY
    Original Member

LETTERBOY Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't use my AS debit card much, but I've always gotten miles for both, unless they've changed the terms since I last used it (which is quite possible).

Stiga9 likes this.