ARTICLE: Parents call for TSA to review frisking after kid gets pat-down

Discussion in 'Travel Security' started by Funtodoimpossible, Apr 13, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Funtodoimpossible
    Original Member

Funtodoimpossible Gold Member

Status Points:
    Parents call for TSA to review frisking after kid gets pat-down

Mom posted video to YouTube, described process as groping

NBC, msnbc.com and news services
    BOWLING GREEN, Ky. — A Kentucky couple wants the TSA to change how it screens children after their 6-year-old daughter was frisked at the New Orleans airport.

Selena Drexel told ABC's "Good Morning America" Wednesday the family was returning home from a vacation earlier this month when their daughter Anna was selected for a pat-down. She said she asked for her daughter to be re-scanned, but was refused.

<snip>
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42568865/ns/travel-news/

This is video in the article showing the groping err frisking. The TSA should be ashamed of itself.

N965VJ likes this.
  2. N965VJ
    Original Member

N965VJ Silver Member

Status Points:
    This story has really been making the rounds in social media, with no sign of slowing down.

3. sunseeker
    Original Member

sunseeker Silver Member

Status Points:
    I object to the whole nude-o-scope and grope fiasco, and I applaud any movement toward increased scrutiny of those who have a higher likelihood of being terrorists and letting the average traveler pass without close examination. That being said, I watched the video and thought the pat down of the child was done correctly. If the child is traumatized by the experience, it will probably be because the parent made a big deal of it.