ARTICLE: Parents call for TSA to review frisking after kid gets pat-down

Discussion in 'Travel Security' started by Funtodoimpossible, Apr 13, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Funtodoimpossible
    Original Member

Funtodoimpossible Gold Member

Parents call for TSA to review frisking after kid gets pat-down

Mom posted video to YouTube, described process as groping

NBC, and news services
    BOWLING GREEN, Ky. — A Kentucky couple wants the TSA to change how it screens children after their 6-year-old daughter was frisked at the New Orleans airport.

Selena Drexel told ABC's "Good Morning America" Wednesday the family was returning home from a vacation earlier this month when their daughter Anna was selected for a pat-down. She said she asked for her daughter to be re-scanned, but was refused.

This is video in the article showing the groping err frisking. The TSA should be ashamed of itself.
    N965VJ likes this.
  2. N965VJ
    Original Member

N965VJ Silver Member

This story has really been making the rounds in social media, with no sign of slowing down.
  3. sunseeker
    Original Member

sunseeker Silver Member

I object to the whole nude-o-scope and grope fiasco, and I applaud any movement toward increased scrutiny of those who have a higher likelihood of being terrorists and letting the average traveler pass without close examination. That being said, I watched the video and thought the pat down of the child was done correctly. If the child is traumatized by the experience, it will probably be because the parent made a big deal of it.