Arrivals Lounge CDG for Admirals Club Member and One World Emerald

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by THREEA4ME, Jul 28, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. THREEA4ME
    Original Member

THREEA4ME Silver Member

Status Points:
    Forgive me if this info is related in the forums already (I searched) but I was wondering if there are any lounges open to AA Explat with Admirals Club Membership?

I called Admirals Club and they seemed really confused (they have Air France listed as one of the go-to lounges, until I explained they were a member of Sky Team).

Anyway, I'm arriving at CDG at 7a (final destination) and would love a few hours in a lounge.

1) Does anyone know if Emeralds have any lounge access once you go through security?

2) Any day passes available or 2fer1s available that anyone knows about outside of security?

Thanks so much.

2. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    The two OW lounges at CDG (there is an Admiral's Club and a CX J/F lounge) are airside and only for departing passengers. I believe the AF lounge referenced is on contract with JL, which maybe why it came up in conversation on your phone call.

There used to be an AA Arrival's Lounge but it was closed some years ago.

The only lounge I know of that is on the arrival's side is an AF offering, but I don't believe they offer day passes. Others have suggested getting a day room at a nearby hotel if one needs to shower, etc.

Perhaps someone else knows something?

3. THREEA4ME
    Original Member

THREEA4ME Silver Member

Status Points:
    so can a one world emerald use the AF arrivals lounge if it is run via JL?

4. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    No, sadly most contract lounges are not accessible via OW status.

Additionally, as far as I can tell the JL contract with AF is for the departure lounge only, not the arrivals.

Have you considered a day room at a hotel? http://www.between9and5.com/

5. THREEA4ME
    Original Member

THREEA4ME Silver Member

Status Points:
    cheapest day room is $100 -- really was hoping to use my evips and emerald status to use at an arrival lounge but, like Tokyo and Shanghai, there just is nothing available. Bummer.