Arrival of FUBAR...how imminent?

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by redtailshark, Jul 23, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    Some DL loyalists/apologists/corporate stooges over at FT are making noises. Fearing the nuclear backlash, knowing how this will be perceived.

But whatever, the Jeffster is in the driving seat. He's proving harder to stop than most DL loyalists expected. No doubt the FUBAR IT architecture is almost in place. It's happening. And soon. Watch for sneak previews during redemption attempts as the interns patch the wrong software pipe in place, as usual....oh, but wait, we've already seen it... that's not $6350 from PHL to FCO, not all of which is in J, no, that's 635k DL SM! Muaahaha! Except, there won't be any more 100k BE awards available.

One thing I do predict: this new IT architecture will function more effectively than the current award tool or any other customer-related function currently provided by DL.COM :p

I think 1st Jan 2014 is perfect...MQD in place, now time to whack almost all remaining benefits.... !ay caramba! Es mejor en su clase indeed.

jbcarioca likes this.
  2. Davescj
    Original Member

Davescj Silver Member

Status Points:
    You'd think they would have a system that works before they roll it out. Did they hire Windows IT people?

3. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    Muahahaha!

"Today we will make updates to delta.com in two content areas that you’ll be interested in, so we’re posting here as a heads up.

BusinessElite® low mileage redemption:"

Gotta love it... "making updates to DL.COM"...so DwayneSM only posts this the minute it's about to go live on DL.COM - stung by previous, perhaps, but still, indicative of the drive-by MO.

Are your SM really safe in value? Really? But you did it to yourselves, you DL Diamond gamers....

Now for some "explanation" of the next rescission, the vanishing award hold:

"More than one million Award Seats per year are held by members who don’t use them which negatively impacts other members’ Award Seat access"

Errmmm. which "members' Award Seat success" is that? Oh, I get it, you mean... 635k from PHL to FCO, not all of which is in J. Ah, yes, of course... I see!

Remember these type of claims as justification for... T-72 award moratorium, SDC, and now... BE redemption! Haha! It - FUBAR - can't be far away now. SM has such little value at this point that it's not even worth an AX card churn never mind buying actual DL tickets. I feel a little sorry for those of you locked in to the SM shell game by hub-captivity - the value is shrinking so fast your head is spinning but you can bet this is nothing compared to FUBAR.

Jeff was direct and clear and honest about one thing, years ago.

It is now, more than ever...

[​IMG]mejor en su clase[​IMG]

"

DiverDave, rwoman and jbcarioca like this.
  4. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I doubt the other legacy carriers will be far behind.

foxberg likes this.