Around the World on 90k Part II: Blowing Through the Horn of Africa

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jul 10, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

At the airport, we visited the Air China Business Class Lounge. They seemed to be going for a mid-90s motif, which made me wonder if they stocked Zima and free AOL installation CDs. I took a quick shower (it wasn't exactly luxurious, but did the trick). We debated whether to change our plans due to a terrorist threat, and decided against it. Then we boarded our flight for Ethiopia. Ethiopian Airlines' 787 seemed to be in better condition than the one we flew with LOT a few days earlier. The cabin itself was beautiful – I loved the color scheme. My remote control was working, and there was no masking tape holding the seat together. I had heard really positive things about the friendliness of Ethiopian's cabin crew. Ours was merely ok – their smiles seemed as genuine as Joan Rivers' face, and they didn't seem interested in making conversation. It was strictly business. The post Around the World on 90k Part II: Blowing Through the Horn of Africa appeared first on One Mile at a Time. Related StoriesAround the World on 90k Part I: Warsaw and Beijing with Nothing But a Passport and a Dream(liner)Last US Airways Star Alliance 90K: IntroductionEthiopian 767 Business Class Cloud Nine Addis Ababa To Frankfurt

Continue reading...