Armchair Inventory Management

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Oct 20, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    I'd like to think that for the most part my blog isn't about drawing conclusions, but rather about starting conversations. For example, earlier I posted about airberlin discontinuing flights between Miami and Berlin. I wasn't saying it was a bad move, but rather just explained why I found it strange. This post will be different, as I'm going to draw a conclusion -- American's revenue management got a route wrong. Really, really wrong. Even more so than they got award availability between London and New York wrong last weekend. ;) As I posted about back in June, American will be adding one daily nonstop flight between Tampa and Los Angeles as of November 6, 2014. Currently Delta operates in the market with two daily nonstop flights. It's probably not the most lucrative market in the world, but presumably Delta does decently well between passengers traveling to Los Angeles, other parts of California, Asia, and Australia. The post Armchair Inventory Management appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...