Arlanda Express: Speedy Transport For Dummies

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Sep 1, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    As a relatively long-time Angeleno, I am well aware of what it's like not to have much in the way of reasonably accessible public transportation. I have lived in Chicago (for undergrad) and New York (briefly after undergrad), however, and thus am well aware of how convenient it is to be in cities with more practical modes of transportation. At the same time, like anyone, I've started to get used to just taking Uber and/or my own car when needing to get from point A to point B. When Ben said we were going to take the Arlanda Express into Stockholm I was like: "Oh cool that's great!" Then I was like, hmm, is this really a good idea? So I asked Ben if it was close to the hotel? Ben replied that it was "only a block." Hmm, ok. Well that isn't far. I can walk a block! Ahh, but maybe the train was slow. After all, ARN is about 25 miles from the heart of Stockholm. Ben had an answer for that too. It was "fast." Whatever that means. I was defeated, though. Arlanda Express had won. The post Arlanda Express: Speedy Transport For Dummies appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...