Arizona Biltmore Review

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by Mark Allen Jackson, Jun 18, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Mark Allen Jackson
    Original Member

Mark Allen Jackson Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hey everyone!

I posted a review on my site of the Arizona Biltmore here.

Here's the full text for those that don't want to click. I didn't really receive too much in the way of HH Gold benefits.

My second semester of grad school came to an end, and my mom came into town to send me off to Cannes! What better way than to spend a few days at the Arizona Biltmore, a Waldorf-Astoria hotel?

What’s Cool About the Biltmore?
    [​IMG]
    This Lobby Is Amazing

For one, the history. Built in 1929 by one of Frank Lloyd Wright’s students, the Arizona Biltmore is unmistakably influenced by the famous architect. Its sprawling grounds also evoke a feeling of times gone by- multiple pools, individual casitas that have unique elements, and a resort feel that many newer properties just can’t capture the way an old hotel like this can.

How Was The Stay?
    [​IMG]
    One of the many Villa Suites scattered across the property

We stayed in an unrenovated Premier room, and it was very spacious. I will say I am excited to see the updates, as the room did seem a little outdated. Location wise, the property is huge, but the surroundings are so gorgeous that you really don’t mind. There’s a grass mini golf course that weaves in and around the Villa Suites, which is a great touch.

[​IMG]
    Rabbit not included.

The pool area is immaculate, with two large pools, a swim up bar, and a large waterslide. There are several other smaller, quieter pools located closer to the various room buildings as well.

I didn’t get a chance to try it out, since we weren’t visiting on a Sunday, but there is a speakeasy open for only a few hours on Sundays at the hotel. Check out this HotelChatter post for some details. Little details like this make the property stand out from other hotels in the area.

For food, I was less impressed with the signature restaurant Wright’s. It wasn’t particularly exciting, but then again, there was nothing ‘wrong’ with it. I did enjoy the cotton candy that came with the bill- apparently the chef got a new toy and was playing around. Loved that!

Conclusion
    I’m a big fan of the Arizona Biltmore. One of the most green places I’ve seen in Phoenix, and it’s got a great amount of character that lends itself to a return visit. I’ll be back!

uggboy likes this.
  2. worldtraveller2
    Original Member

worldtraveller2 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I see you go to Thunderbird! My husband graduated from there. I also live in Phoenix and started PointsandTravel.com

ps one of the biggest travel bloggers in the world is a Thunderbird grad!!

Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
    uggboy likes this.
  3. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:

I like the fact that as you drive into the Biltmore compound, you drive through an almost park-like setting and you cannot really feel that you are in the Desert (until the 110 degree heat hits) But the Biltmore does an excellent job of isolating you from the desert.
    Haven't stayed there, but we have gone to just walk around the lobby and grounds once or twice.