Argentina reciprocity fee

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by blc1971, Dec 1, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. blc1971

blc1971 New Member

Status Points:
    Hi there. I know this topic has been addressed in several other forums, but I can't find an answer to a specific question. I'm an American citizen who will be traveling to EZE in February 2014. I'm on a LAN flight that departs from LAX, I have a connection in Lima, and then I land at EZE. Does anyone know if I need to pay the reciprocity fee even though I'm arriving on a flight from Lima (and not directly from the US)? Or does any American arriving in Argentina need to pay the fee, regardless of where his flight originates from? Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

marcwint55 likes this.
  2. andhoova

andhoova Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't think it has anything to do with where you arrive from. I think the only thing that matters is what passport you have.

karung99, Gaucho and marcwint55 like this.
  3. grifter

grifter Active Member

Status Points:
    last time i was in argentina (2011), they only collected the fee at eze so if you arrive at a different airport you can avoid it. mvd is a good alternative.

karung99, Gaucho and MX like this.
  4. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you are entering on an American passport, you will have to pay the fee. If you have a second passport from another country, most countries are exempt from the fee. I believe that only the US, Canada and Australia are charged at present.

Gaucho likes this.
  5. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well it depends.... if you enter the country by land, there is a big chance you will not be requested to show proof of payment of the fee....

karung99 likes this.
  6. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    In any event, I do not recommend rolling the dice, and if you have a passport that requires payment of the fee, it would be smart to have all your papers in order rather than roll the dice... just my 2 cents....

karung99 likes this.
  7. karung99
    Original Member

karung99 Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's good for 10 years, so do a lot of trips to EZE and visit our friend Caucho there :)

Gaucho likes this.
  8. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Remember too that you can no longer pay the fee upon arrival. It must be paid in advance and you must bring a printed receipt, IIRC with bar code. The website to pay the fee seems to work best with Internet Explorer.

Gaucho likes this.
  9. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the reminder !!!