Argentina - Iguazu Falls Master Thread

Discussion in 'Argentina' started by Gaucho, Feb 21, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Iguazu is one of the top visitor destinations in Argentina.... lets have this master thread to talk about the falls that make Niagra look a little less large.... :D

Here is a good place to start your research for your trip to Iguazu....

http://www.iguazu-falls.com.ar/

jbcarioca and neil like this.
  2. neil
    Original Member

neil Silver Member

Status Points:
    Iguazu can be done in one night. Arrive on day 1, walk around the park, boat ride, spend the night, spend some time on day 2 walking around the park, and leave. I'm not sure what others recommend, but I would absolutely say stay in the park if you can. It's expensive, but you can save some money taking a bus ride instead of a flight into Iguazu.

That Iguazu is the most naturally beautiful sight in Argentina is really saying something, considering all there is to see in the country.

jbcarioca likes this.
  3. Tenmoc
    Original Member

Tenmoc Gold Member

Status Points:
    Everyone staying at the Sheraton should be aware that as the hotel is in the park, you'll have to pay park admission on the taxi ride from the airport.

If you're coming to IGR, I can think of no other hotel to choose.

I would give this a couple of nights on your trip. Coming and get settled the first day. Just enjoy the views etc. Next day explore the park. And also take advantage of the spa in the Sheraton as its quite the bargain compared to others and the whole of the atmosphere of the park comes through.

latrobe and jbcarioca like this.
  4. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
    My experience is on the other side of the falls IGU. No matter which side, I highly recommend a trip to see the falls.

jbcarioca likes this.
  5. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    I strongly recommend seeing both sides regardless of where you stay. The Argentine side has better wildlife and nature to see, but the best views and hotels are on the Brazil side. By far the ebst hotel anywhere on either side is
    Hotel das Cataratas on the Brazil side, inside the park:
    http://milepoint.com/forums/threads...l-copacabana-palace-hotel-das-cataratas.5690/
    The Sheraton on teh Argentine side is less luxurious and does not have equal views, but they still are outstanding. It is difficult to go wrong there as long as you allow at least two full days to see both sides.

dhammer53 and latrobe like this.