Are you not happy with the NEW AWARD rules at DELTA? READ THIS:

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by Delta Points, Aug 9, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Delta Points
    Original Member

Delta Points Silver Member

Status Points:
    For those ready to jump ship here is the AA status match way and also the UA one:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...age-elite-status-challenge-gold-platinum.html

http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6867,53424,00.html

and

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...atus-match-merged-threads-updated-2010-a.html

EDIT: GOOD NEWS UNITED will match DIAMOND to 1K will a challenge!

Let your money do the talking. It seems to be the only thing DELTA loves - cuz it sure ain't us!:oops:

DL made YOUTUBE take down the one I changed so as you watch this think of these words:

not anymore, you will take our changes and LIKE them, status match another airline.... and when they ask what they have done to deserve your business.... insert bye bye delta!

DYKWIA, ryandc99, jbcarioca and 10 others like this.
  2. UA191

UA191 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thank you!
    DL's customer service has really been below par lately... I'm seriously considering an AA challenge.
    Not sure if you ever knew what DELTA stands for, but: Directed Everybody's Luggage To Atlanta.

3. legalalien
    Original Member

legalalien Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, go to AA...the last thing we, UA elites, need is...well, more UA elites! :p

Seriously though, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that this change doesn't stick, because you know that others will be watching and will implement the same policy if it works (and is profitable) for Delta.

kwai, CDKing, ryandc99 and 2 others like this.
  4. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not necessarily. Remember that when DL announced with great fanfare than miles no longer expire, the other major carriers did not follow this move. One gets the impression that FF programs try to differentiate themselves somewhat.

DYKWIA, jbcarioca and traveller99 like this.
  5. legalalien
    Original Member

legalalien Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well...that's why I said they would wait to see whether this is working well for Delta before matching. Not having miles expire may not be working well for Delta, although it probably is very good for SM members.

But I hope you're right, anyway. :)

jbcarioca likes this.
  6. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Randy has said that it's good for Delta to not have SkyMiles expire. I'm not sure I would agree, but I can easily believe that it's a neutral change for DL and doesn't cost them anything on balance now to do so, although in the past when FF accounts were managed with paper and postage, inactive accounts were a real cost to the airline.

jbcarioca likes this.
  7. legalalien
    Original Member

legalalien Gold Member

Status Points:
    I thought unused miles were a liability on their books, though I am not an economist. No pun intended. Ok, maybe a little. ;)

jbcarioca likes this.
  8. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    True, but FF policies affect what airline people choose to fly, how much they're willing to pay for tickets and fare classes, and to some extent how much they fly. Not expiring miles would have positive effect on all of these. There are probably some more subtle effects, but this is the quick and easy answer.

bez7 and jbcarioca like this.
  9. ryandc99
    Original Member

ryandc99 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sorry but I think a lot of DL elites are coming your way!

DeltaExpert likes this.
  10. Delta Points
    Original Member

Delta Points Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have updated the video back to the stock one from DL btw!

ryandc99 likes this.