Are United FF Miles About to Become Basically Worthless for all but the highest spenders

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by ahappyelite, Jan 19, 2016.  |  Print Topic

1. ahappyelite

ahappyelite Silver Member

Status Points:
    With the news that American Airlines has crossed a new attack-on-its-customers frontier, making rewards based on spending and INCREASING REDEMPTION levels by 80%, the next audacious move to the bottom is probably going to be United (The cartel has cleverly played devaluation leapfrog, but their combination in destroying U.S. air travel is easy to see). Evidence that United is going to an even darker place: They have stopped offering "A mileage" special on their weekend fares (which was a ripoff anyway) but was a way to take mileage liabilities off their balance sheets. But American has showed that you can steal billions (and clear your liabilities) by devaluing your miles (and they are in a frenzy to do so with their new mileage gutting happing in less than 60 days) All of this can be done with ease thanks to the mergers (no longer competing for customers, colluding to get worse) -a totally deceitful airline industry-and this administration's toothless, feckless regulators and law enforcers. I am told that the new Obama Air Travel Oversight Czar is the former head of construction workplace safety in China.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
    Dublin_rfk likes this.
  2. Dublin_rfk

Dublin_rfk Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would like to respond to this but my head is about to explode.:)

Flyer1976, satman40 and theBOAT like this.
  3. ahappyelite

ahappyelite Silver Member

Status Points:
    There needs to be federal civil enforcement to enjoin the banks from continuing these bonus credit card miles offers. It has never been clearer that the banks and their confederate airlines are making these offers while their present intention and knowledge is they will be basically worthless. There needs to be federal criminal action on credit card offers made within the last 6 to 12 months when there can be no question there were email exchanges, meetings and memos that memorialized a scheme to defraud, knowingly and aggressively marketing by the airlines and the banks. Seemed to be a slew of offers lately, and I can't be the only one who wondered why. Now we know the "Miles" are basically worthless. Indeed, if we had real law enforcement, these gangsteros would not have been allowed to award "miles" a manifest deception when they were all sitting on plans to count only $$$'s spent (in calculating points earns and for redemptions.)

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
  4. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    UA has been my airline PEK Lately.

AA has gone from 67,5 to 170,000 one way...

Truth is these points are easier and easier to get, and will continue to be worth less and less .

I remember when a candy bars was three cents but the three cents was hard to get.

Anyone believe a movie like Star Wars took in over $12 billion, man there must be a lot of free money in the ecenomy today.