Are there more Capt. Dennys out there in the friendly skies?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Canadi>n, May 13, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    Many of us here know of, or have even met with, or been flown by, Capt. Denny Flannagan. This morning on my flight from ORD-EWR had another "friendly" pilot, Capt. John McFadden. He introduced himself and his copilot to us at the gate before boarding. At the end of the flight, the FA in First distributed Capt. McFadden's business card (same design as Capt. Denny's) and each of us had a personalized note of thanks for our long patronage of UA (suspect we were all 1Ks and GSs on the 320).

Have others here had similar experiences from other UA (or CO) pilots? If so, perhaps we should start a list here of those captains...

RichardInSF likes this.
  2. gobluetwo
    Original Member

gobluetwo Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm looking at Capt McFadden's old business card. Shows that he used to fly a 737. Anyway, he's a great guy. I hear Capt Molly Flannigan (no relation to Capt Denny, whose card I also have) is another great one, and Capt Ed Contreras sounds like a fun guy to have pilot your plane.

RichardInSF likes this.
  3. Infinite1K
    Original Member

Infinite1K Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, there are other United Captains out there. Check out my post about Captain Ed Contreras and his Flying Talk Show that he holds on Channel 9.

RichardInSF likes this.
  4. goalie
    Original Member

goalie Gold Member

Status Points:
    And I'll give a shout out to Captain Tony Lee (319's & 320's). I had the pleasure of having him drive me (along with two other "folks" ;) doing a m/r) TPA-IAD and he is amazing!. He's also very good friends with Captain Denny and calls him his mentor (and it is absolutely true-another great example of outstanding customer service and someone who takes pride in his work, his company and his charges [us]). He gave me his card with his personal e-mail and we have become friends since that one amazing flight.

RichardInSF likes this.
  5. RichardInSF
    Original Member

RichardInSF Silver Member

Status Points:
    There are some other good ones, but it would be hard to compare anyone to Capt. Denny: he is unique, a genuinely decent and helpful guy.

6. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    I received a welcome and card from Captain Deb Ings (LGA-DEN). There seem to be many captains who will come out of the cockpit and greet the passengers and I think its a great asset and to United's credit that they have these wonderful and personable pilots at the helm!

7. Infinite1K
    Original Member

Infinite1K Silver Member

Status Points:
    gobluetwo likes this.
  8. Hannaman
    Original Member

Hannaman Silver Member

Status Points:
    Capt. Jim Barnhart is another.

goalie and Flyer1976 like this.
  9. goalie
    Original Member

goalie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Flown with him and yes, add him (and his business card ;)) to the group

10. CGK
    Original Member

CGK Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, I recently flew with him and received a card and personal greeting. Hope to fly with him again soon.