Are there Gold Elite 'Sub-Tiers'?

Discussion in 'Carlson | Club Carlson' started by jaw_24, May 7, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. jaw_24
    Original Member

jaw_24 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've been a Gold CC member for a few years now...as a PC status match first, now as a cardholder, but usually don't stay more than 10 nights a year. I didn't think there were different tiers of Gold status, and can't find any references online. However, at the Nashville airport Radisson, the front desk agent was incredibly wow'ed that I was a 'GE-3' status, and proceeded to give me gifts and free meals, upgrades, etc. I assumed that 'GE' stood for Gold Elite, but couldn't figure out why I was GE-3, and why that was so important.

Now, at the Reagan National airport Radisson, I was kind of shocked that there wasn't even a welcome amenity package for me. I asked and the agent explained that 'only GE-4 and higher' members typically get free breakfast. He still gave me a coupon as consolation.

Has anyone else encountered these 'GE-X' tiers, or is there a definition of these? Is GE-4 just Concierge level, or are there sub-tiers based on other conditions, such as nights/stays beyond base Gold Elite level?

flyingdawg and uggboy like this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Fascinating insights, I hope someone can indeed shed light on this.

3. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think this is a carry over from the old Gold Points Plus system. I remember being referred to sometimes (as a Gold which was the highest tier at the time) as a G-3. Prior to the new rewards system and the credit card it did seem that some properties we a bit surprised when they noticed a guest in their system as a G-3. I guess it wasn't all that common. As far as I am aware there a no sub categories of status.

uggboy likes this.
  4. cliq

cliq Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have never heard this until now... I need to ask some of my friends working at Radisson hotels.

flyingdawg and uggboy like this.
  5. cliq

cliq Silver Member

Status Points:
    I asked one of my friends and I was told there is nothing special in the gold levels. So checking out at a Radisson hotel now, I also asked the reception who said GE-3 is just gold and GE-2 is silver and then GE-1 is the red level.

Wonder if it is really like this receptionist said but hey will still confirm from others.

jaw_24, uggboy and flyingdawg like this.
  6. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thought all Golds were to get a "gift". I've always found something in my room even if just a chocolate or cookie tray. That said, there are Golds who are there because they stay the required number of nights, and those who are there because of the Amex Platinum card tie-in, and I suppose some by virtue of their Club Carlson credit card.