Are there any BYOB restaurants in Sonoma?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Dining' started by RSSrsvp, Aug 31, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. RSSrsvp
    Original Member

RSSrsvp Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am headed to Sonoma in my quest for the perfect bottle of Pinot Noir and was wondering if anyone can recommend any good BYOB restaurants with either a free or low corkage fee?

2. dhammer53
    Original Member

dhammer53 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Many restaurants offer free or low cost (compared with New York) corkage.
    Why don't you sign up and post over on www.wineberserkers.com That board is to wine they way this board is to miles and points. ;)

3. RSSrsvp
    Original Member

RSSrsvp Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have already signed up but always forget to check there. :rolleyes:

Gaucho likes this.
  4. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    There are very few restaurants with a liquor (or beer/wine) license in California that you cannot bring a bottle to. You cannot bring anything to a restaurant that does not have a license. Casual places are in the $10 to $20 range, with a maximum of 2 bottles (typically). Some waive the fee if you also buy a bottle. There are a handful of places in the $25 to $50 range. Most Northern Cal restaurants are not only familiar with people bringing wine, but expect it and you won't find anything negative about the experience ---- except, you should NOT bring a wine that is on the restaurant's wine list. (If you aren't sure, or it wasn't on the online version, and the wait person mentions something, simply say that.)

Gaucho likes this.