Are there any airline lounges open 24hrs?

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by Titans26, Nov 21, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Titans26

Titans26 Silver Member

Status Points:
    We were having a discussion regarding being stranded at an airport for whatever reasons. Someone brought up the Tom Hanks movies where he lived at an airport. Are there any airline lounges/clubs open 24hrs? I've visited several lounges worldwide however I rarely inquire about their hours.

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

Gargoyle likes this.
  2. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Several airports have 24 hour lounges. Hong Kong (Traveler's Lounge), Dubai, Singapore come to mind right away. These airports have significant traffic around the clock. Usually you'll find contract lounges at places like this open 24/7. Best thing to do is to visit an airport's website and you'll find the information under passenger services, or similar category.

3. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    SQ's Silver Kris and Krisflyer Gold Lounges at SIN are 24 hours.

4. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's largely driven by an airport's flight schedule. Hkg, DXB and sin are the most notable candidates....as they have lots of off hours flights. For example, I have had a scheduled 2am departure from DXB. The ek lounge was definitely open all night.

Places like syd..with strict flight curfews...wouldn't be open all night.

Another place I looked at was anc. They have a lot of unusual hour flights...but the AS board room closes for a few hours nightly.