Are Hyatt promotion rates eligible for upgrade via points?

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by OceanTrotter3, Jul 16, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. OceanTrotter3

OceanTrotter3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Howdy everyone, yet another Hyatt question...

If I were to book for a stay using this “Window Of Opportunity” promotion (link). Will the stay be eligible for upgrade using points as listed here? (Availabilities aside.)

The Hyatt property in question is the Hangzhou Hyatt Regency.

Thanks!

2. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    As a general rule, all rates bookable at Hyatt.com are eligible for elite benefits, including stay credit.

3. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    It is unclear and the info is all over the place so the best thing to do is to call customer support. From the GP upgrades page:
    From the promo T&C:
    Since the discount makes the rate less than the Hyatt Daily Rate (i.e. lower than the minimum requirement), it is quite likely that upgrades are not allowed.

Lastly, these entries in the promo T&C also suggest that upgrades are not allowed:

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
    OceanTrotter3 and lapointdm like this.
  4. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    At the beginning of your post, I don't know if they're referring to Diamond Suite upgrades. But, that's the big plus of the Diamond upgrades, that they're redeemable on pretty much any rate. I've never paid the Hyatt Daily Rate for a Diamond upgrade.

I do believe the normal suite upgrades that you can redeem points for require the room be booked at the HDR.

5. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, the 4 suite upgrades that GP Diamonds receive each year can be used with most rates. However, not so for this promo: "Offer may not be used in conjunction with the diamond suite upgrade award." This suggests that no upgrades at all are permitted with this promo, which is what the OP wanted to know...

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
    Thomask likes this.
  6. OceanTrotter3

OceanTrotter3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    This was what I was afraid of. But oh well... you can't have the best of both worlds. ;)