Are Hilton's Reservation Systems Ever Up?

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by Mike Reed, Mar 29, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've tried MULTIPLE times this week to call in and book an AXON award.

EVERY time... EVERY time... "Our systems are down. Can you call back?"

When I ask if THEY can call ME when their systems are UP... of course not. Why would they do something as silly as actually provide customer service when they're obviously having system problems?

If there's an official Hilton rep on MP, take note: your customer service (especially as it relates to your supposed top-tier members) S U C K S.

I feel worse for the reps, though. Apparently if someone were to have a heart attack at work, nobody in the building would be able to call 911, since nobody there can make any outbound calls of any kind.

</rant>

uggboy and MX like this.
  2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Perhaps they haven't figured out yet what to do with the AXON awards after the 3/28 changes and thus use the "sorry, systems are down" excuse?

LETTERBOY likes this.
  3. Philphactor
    Original Member

Philphactor Silver Member

Status Points:
    Geez, i've been trying to book an HHonors award all day and i too get the system is down

uggboy likes this.
  4. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    their website is also retarded. Been trying to update my profile & can't.
    other day their website wouldn't let me reserve my point stay ... I thought it was Hilton's way of not letting people redeem before the "enhancement"

LETTERBOY and uggboy like this.
  5. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hilton already knew that their new 10 hotel category system was very unpopular, so to be proactive against the onslaught of phone calls that they expected after the new categories went into effect, they simply "disabled" the CS phones...(they did it well ahead of 03/28 because they also knew that there would be a stampede to book AXON stays;))

LETTERBOY likes this.
  6. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    They answer, but the systems are always down. At that point a recording or ringing phone would be cheaper than staff who can't do anything.

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

LETTERBOY, NYCUA1K and edekba like this.
  7. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    I got it. I wonder what would be more frustrating, a CSR who cannot do anything or recorded message, which is basically the same thing. Sort of reminiscent of UA after they switched to a single computer system...At least the online accounts are accessible.

LETTERBOY likes this.