Are High Annual Fee Credit Cards Worth It?

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Dec 2, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    I've long been on record as saying many credit cards are worth the annual fees because of the ongoing value they can provide. In general, I tend to look at three factors when evaluating a credit card: -- The sign-up bonus -- The value the card gives you for everyday spend -- Any bonuses you may get for having the card long term If there is marginal "value" in the last two categories that offsets the credit card annual fee, then I'll keep the card year after year. For some cards, the annual fee is low enough to be a no-brainer. I get far more than $75 of value out of the companion certificates on the Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® Credit Card, for example. But what about the credit cards with very high annual fees? Do the perks and benefits offset spending $300-$500 per year? I'll share my thoughts on a handful of the top travel-related cards, and discuss whether or not I think the card is worthwhile. The post Are High Annual Fee Credit Cards Worth It? appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...