Are CO's seat maps accurate reflections of F/C cabin loads?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Canadi>n, Mar 23, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm new to CO so not clear about the vagaries of its website. However, in making some recent bookings on UA and CO, and checking to see what my upgrade chances might be on the CO metal flights by checking front cabin seat maps, I am finding F cabins domestically almost always showing only one or two seats open. These are for flights midweek a month or more out. It doesn't seem logical that F could be that fully booked as I can look at UA metal flights on those same days and the front cabins are virtually empty.

So does CO fiddle with the display of open seats in its front cabins? Or is it really selling F seats this far out?

2. Golfingboy
    Original Member

Golfingboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    If F seats are occupied then it is occupied, however, if there are open F seats it is possible that some people purchased those seats but have not selected a seat yet...

FWIW, seat maps are not the best indicator for determining how many F inventory is open... I would suggest you to use Expertflyer/KVS or use Flightstats to see how many F inventory is still available...

3. IAH oil boys with lots of money to waste :)

Golfingboy likes this.
  4. Golfingboy
    Original Member

Golfingboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    And EWR financial firms demanding a premium from their clients so they can burn money flying in the front :)

5. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    Guess they're all off to HNL on the same flight I'm starting my SEA MR outbound!

6. Financial firms are spending taxpayer bail out money...:) Only America will bail out your failing firm then pay you $$$ billions to run it again. Brilliant.:confused:

Golfingboy likes this.
  7. Hartmann
    Original Member

Hartmann Gold Member

Status Points:
    More than likely not, on domestic routes. The upstream boys are making the money. The downstream boys are getting their butts handed to them.

8. SS255
    Original Member

SS255 Silver Member

Status Points:
    In my experience, I have found CO's seat maps and F cabin info to be quite accurate at the pda.continental.com stage. In fact, I have assisted some battlefield upgraders find their seats by handing them my BlackBerry. :D

As far as the advanced seat maps go, as another poster stated above, sometimes the seat maps will show open seats, but it's possible that there are F ticket holders who just do not have seat assignments. We live in a sheltered world here on MP. Not everybody cares where they sit, as long as it's in the pointy end. :p

9. craz
    Original Member

craz Silver Member

Status Points:
    Even if the cabin is wide open mostly it will fill up with those people playing COs 10s of $s game so the chance of getting an UP for Nothing isnt easy on CO , and that agme is usually played out from T-24 onwards which is why CO hardly UPs anyone at their EUA time

Now it does depend on the routing

10. Hartmann
    Original Member

Hartmann Gold Member

Status Points:
    :rolleyes:

11. East_Yorker
    Original Member

East_Yorker Gold Member

Status Points:
    And reward seats

12. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    For the uninitiated, what is this Game you speak of? Is there a link to it?