Aquarium of the Pacific

Discussion in 'California' started by garyst16, Jul 1, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Does anyone have any information on this site besides what is available on their website? I will be taking two of my children there and was wondering if there are attractions to avoid or ones that are "can't miss". Any info would be greatly appreciated!

2. secretsea18
    Original Member

secretsea18 Gold Member

Status Points:
    The Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach is a great aquarium. It is very oriented to children, and has a number to 'touching' pools where kids touch stingrays (with stingers removed), starfish and other stuff. The sea lion exhibit is very nice and the aquarium features the environments in the Pacific. I personally love the seadragons, and sea horses exhibits. As far as I think, the entire aquarium is great!

I used to be a Charter member until I moved out of state. You may want to see what the rate is for a family membership vs admission for the 3 of you... Members cut the line! :p

garyst16 likes this.
  3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Unlike other aquariums that I've visited, this one has some exhibit areas, including some "petting pools" out of doors. It's recognized as a very good aquarium.

While you're in Long Beach, you might want to also see the Queen Mary. It's been turned into a hotel with a bunch of restaurants and gift shops. There are also tours for a fee.

I was fascinated by both of these attractions.

garyst16 likes this.