April Promotion and Extra 5000 GP points with Hyatt Visa?

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by Kaanapali, Mar 31, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Kaanapali
    Original Member

Kaanapali Gold Member

Status Points:
    Although not officially confirmed yet by Hyatt PL reps in Omaha, there are at least several reports of emails being received by Hyatt Chase Visa card holders stating that after registering for the Hyatt April promotion and staying 5 nights, that a bonus of 5000 GP points will be made to the card-holder's GP account. This makes the April promotion for the first 5 stays total 15000 points (the original 10k promotion + this additional 5K).

Hyatt reps will probably confirm or deny this tomorrow morning (or later this evening). Since this appears to be a Chase sponsored benefit, the PL reps have probably not yet been notified. In any event, just a head's up to those who have the card.

The purported TC's (from TOBB)
    "HYATT CARD BONUS: After your fifth Eligible Night, as a Hyatt Card cardmember you will receive an additional 5,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points credited to your Hyatt Gold Passport account for a total of 15,000 bonus points. Hyatt Card cardmembers may earn a maximum of 65,000 bonus points during the Promotion Period. To receive Hyatt Card bonus points you must be a Hyatt Card cardmember with an open account as of the last day of the Promotion Period. Chase is not responsible for offer fulfillment."

Chimpy, Horse, gleff and 1 other person like this.
  2. Toula
    Original Member

Toula Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's nice to see that the card holders will be rewarded. Not one myself just yet, but think it is fair for the faithful to get that bit extra.

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  3. OCP
    Original Member

OCP Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have the card and received the following email from Hyatt Gold Passport today (I have Plat status):

WHAT POSSIBILITIES WILL YOU DISCOVER WITH MORE THAN 10,000 BONUS POINTS?

We believe bonus points are really possibilities waiting to happen. So, we're offering 10,000 Hyatt Gold Passport® bonus points after you stay five nights with us. And 5,000 bonus points for every two nights after that from April 1 through June 30, 2011.

As a Hyatt Card member, earn an additional 5,000 bonus points after your first five nights, for a total of 15,000 bonus points.

It's an opportunity for us to express our loyalty to you by helping you experience the world.

from the T&C's

HYATT CARD BONUS: After your fifth Eligible Night, as a Hyatt Card cardmember you will receive an additional 5,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points credited to your Hyatt Gold Passport account for a total of 15,000 bonus points. Hyatt Card cardmembers may earn a maximum of 65,000 bonus points during the Promotion Period. To receive Hyatt Card bonus points you must be a Hyatt Card cardmember with an open account as of the last day of the Promotion Period. Chase is not responsible for offer fulfillment.

BONUS POINT POSTING: Please allow two to three (2–3) weeks after your fifth Eligible Night (and every second Eligible Night thereafter) for bonus points to be posted to your Hyatt Gold Passport account (allow 4–6 weeks for bonus points from nights outside the U.S.).

Kaanapali likes this.
  4. Courcoison
    Original Member

Courcoison Silver Member

Status Points:
    Good Day:
    Received the same message about the 5000 extra bonus points via email today.

5. Smilee
    Original Member

Smilee Silver Member

Status Points:
    This really disappoints me as a Canadian, I can't get the card.

I strongly dislike promotions which are targetted or not available to all. I give this promotion a 1 star. I was just reviewing my account and I have 7 paid stays since June of last year. I didn't even bother registering for the similar promo last fall. This is an all time low for me. I really hope Hyatt brings back a FFN in the fall as I am not looking forward to loosing Diamond after eight or nine years.

6. ord1kflyer

ord1kflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Has this been confirmed in the meantime? Or is this only for select Hyatt Chase Visa card holders? This Diamond hasn't received any communication about the offer.

Kaanapali likes this.
  7. gpaya
    Original Member

gpaya Gold Member

Status Points:
    Same here.

8. Kaanapali
    Original Member

Kaanapali Gold Member

Status Points:
    It has been confirmed by Hyatt Gold Passport. I received 5k bonus points on Friday - and I did NOT receive the email communication. It is good for ALL Hyatt Visa card holders whom have completed 5 nights in the current Hyatt April-June promotion...provided they have of course registered for said promotion.

Chimpy and Horse like this.
  9. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    When did the points post for folks? Right away?

After my 5 nights, 10k points posted but the additional 5k from the Visa did not.

10. peteropny
    Original Member

peteropny Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    It usually posts with the first stay and not the last so look back a few lines / pages.

Horse likes this.
  11. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Thanks Peter, you're correct..! :)

Horse likes this.
  12. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    Got a snail mailer today confirming the extra T&C, including the extra 5K points for just having the foresight to have gotten the Chase Hyatt VISA.;)

Kaanapali likes this.
  13. Kaanapali
    Original Member

Kaanapali Gold Member

Status Points:
    I got mine today too....a mere 45 days plus after the promotion starts....:rolleyes:
    My take on this is that the extra 5k was Chase's idea the whole time.....or at least was not the GP side of Hyatt ;)

Chimpy likes this.
  14. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Hey, whomever's idea this was when they came up with it, I'll take a free 5k points as an extra bonus on my Visa! :)

Kaanapali likes this.
  15. Kaanapali
    Original Member

Kaanapali Gold Member

Status Points:
    Speaking of extra bonuses on the Visa....with the one year anniversary of the card approaching in a few months....do you think they will offer another free night in the suite to reup the card, give out points....or.....something like having Hyatt announce a FFN this fall that is only good when paying with the Hyatt Visa?

16. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    That would be pretty unkind to the non-U.S. folks, wouldn't it? Aren't they unable to get the card?

Kaanapali likes this.
  17. Kaanapali
    Original Member

Kaanapali Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good point, but I know in the past Hyatt has sometimes required payment with Mastercard to get these type of promotions to count.....
    Maybe ex-US would have to use a certain brand (Visa?) of card....