[Apr 2, 2011] We are all United dinner mini-DO (Chicago, IL)

Discussion in 'Meetups' started by Xyzzy, Feb 21, 2011.  |  Print Topic

We are all United dinner mini-DO
Start Date: Apr 2, 2011 07:00 PM
End Date: Apr 2, 2011 11:00 PM
Time Zone: America/Chicago -05:00 CDT

Mity Nice Grill
835 N. Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60611

Posted By: Xyzzy

Confirmed Attendees: 2
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 2
The following users have RSVP'd "Maybe":

The following users have RSVP'd "No":
  1. Xyzzy
    Original Member

Xyzzy Gold Member

Mark April 2, 2011 on your calendars!
    [Description last updated 22:13 EST 8-March-2011]

The We are all United mini-DO will take place in Chicag:p, IL on April 2, 2011. In the spirit of the Co forum Mini-DO events that CJ1120, MBM3 and I have hosted for years in Houston, Cleveland, and NYC/NJ, we will be gathering for dinner this time in Chicago, IL -- home to United Continental Holdings and the new United.
    This will allow those in the CO and UA forums to better get to know each other. We have already been exploring each other's forums. This event will be a logical COntinUAtion of that. We will be able to meet, discuss, eat, and drink. I can promise good company and good food. I look forward to seeing everyone there!

As with similar events I have run in the past, the cost of your meal, tax, and gratuity will need to be paid for in advance. Alcoholic beverages will be available at your own expense. There may also be an informal dinner on Friday or breakfast on Sunday announced for those available and in Chicago on those days. If these happen, details will be posted here.

Dinner will be at Mity Nice, located at Water Tower Place, 835 N. Michigan Avenue (Mezzanine Level) Chicago, IL 60611. MityNice is a 1940s style bar and grill. It serves American cuisine. The fabulous Mrs. Xyzzy and I have chosen an exciting menu for the occasion. We will have a fixed-price, family-style meal.

Dinner will commence at 7pm. Please plan to arrive promptly!
    • Menu:
      The menu will consist of appetizers, a green salad, three entrees (beef, chicken and salmon), potato and vegetables, and dessert.

Vegetarian entrees can be arranged. Please contact Xyzzy if you have any specific dietary requirements. Any such arrangements should be made in advance of the event.

• Payment for dinner:
      • ====> PAY HERE <====
      • Advance payment via the above link and PayPal will be required. You must include your FlyerTalk handle with your payment. It would also be a good idea to include your cellphone number in the event we need to contact you with directions, etc. in Chicago.

• The cost of this event is $66 per person. This includes the following:
        • Dinner (hors d'œuvres, entrées, desserts)
        • Non-alcoholic fountain drinks, coffee, tea
        • All taxes and gratuities
        • Paypal fees
        Please note that the above list does not include any alcoholic drinks.

• Once your payment has been received, your handle on the FlyerTalk attendee list will be marked PAID.

• Should you be absolutely unable to pay via PayPal for some reason, please send email to Xyzzy. I don't much like PayPal either, but it's easy to use and it works. I will only consider alternative arrangements in extreme circumstances.

• All payments must be arranged in advance of the event. No walk-ins will be allowed. Should you have any questions about this, send a message to Xyzzy.

• Payments are non-refundable.
    • Payment for drinks:
      There will be a cash bar in our private dining room. The wait staff will also be serving us drinks at our tables. There will be a separate beverage check for the non-included drinks consumed by each group of approximately four people seated together. You will be responsible for paying for your own adult beverages on the night of the event. Please do not stiff your fellow FlyerTalkers.

• Parking:
      Limited parking is available on the street. There are also numerous parking garages in the vicinity, including one in Water Tower Place. There may be validated parking available. I will update this post with details.

• Public Transportation:
      Water Tower Place is located a few blocks from the Chicago Avenue stop of the CTA red line. With a change of trains in the Chicago loop, you can be from ORD or MDW to the restaurant in about an hour, for $2.25.
    Some notes:
    • Following dinner on Saturday we will likely hit a nearby bar for drinks at about 10pm.
    • If you have any questions or concerns, please send a private message to Xyzzy.
    Several of the United and Continental forum moderators will be in attendence. There may also be guests from United and Continental Airlines.

This event is primarily geared toward those who participate on the United and Continental forums, hence its posting here. All FlyerTalkers and MilePoint members in good standing are welcome to attend. There should be enough space to accommodate everyone interested in joining us. If we run out of room, priority will be given to those who have purchased airline tickets and/or those who do not live in the Chicago area. As the organiser, any decisions concerning attendance will be made entirely at the discretion of Xyzzy.

If you plan on attending, please respond to this thread so I can keep track of the attendees. If you do not do so, after your payment is received, your handle will be added to the list below.

Please see the event thread in the United forum on FlyerTalk for a list of attendees, or to announce your intention to attend!

Gargoyle likes this.
  2. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Nuts... Would LOVE to do this, but I'm away for work that weekend, our annual Sales kick off is in Vegas
  3. Xyzzy
    Original Member

Xyzzy Gold Member

All the details for this event are n:pw available. Please see the first post.