Applying For Second Business Card (Same Bank)

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by rodeojones, Apr 3, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. rodeojones

rodeojones Silver Member

Status Points:
    I currently have the Ink Bold (charge card) and considering applying for the Ink Plus (credit card). I do not own a formal business but sell things on Ebay and Craigslist and was approved for my Ink Bold after a reconsideration phone call with a Chase Rep. I do not keep track of the "business" numbers thus had to estimate during the phone call. I was very frank with the rep and she had no issues with it and I was instantly approved after a brief conversation.

Do the credit card companies keep records of what our answers were in these reconsideration conversations? Since I don't keep a formal record, if I were to have the same conversation again, my numbers might be slightly different.

Will this be a problem?

Thanks in advance.

flyingdawg likes this.
  2. Espan

Espan Silver Member

Status Points:
    Don't have any answers, but related and more questions to add.

After decade plus as a freelancer, I recently started a sole proprietorship. Have the Sapphire Preferred, Marriott and United Explorer personal cards, and recently got the Ink Bold. The business generates high gross sales/spends that I can put on charge cards and would like to supplement with business version of Sapphire and perhaps the Ink Plus, if possible, but wondering/worrying I may be maxxing out my Chase welcome. If any Chase experts have advice about timing/how many, it'd be much appreciated.

flyingdawg likes this.
  3. rodeojones

rodeojones Silver Member

Status Points:
    The two Chase branded business cards I am aware of are the Bold and Ink Plus. I have not heard of the Sapphire business card.

Regarding too many Chase cards. Everyone's experience's will differ but I have read blogger's who claim 12 Chase cards! I don't think adding another card to your four are going to be an issue as long as you haven't applied for one in the last 90 days or so.

It's always wise to be ready to explain why you need another card if you were to be asked and it sounds like you have a reasonable explanation for wanting to add a credit card to your business line of cards.

Good luck.

Espan likes this.
  4. mapenn

mapenn Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't believe so. I've have the Chase business "interview" a couple times about 6 months apart. First for Southwest Business and then for Ink. Both times I honestly just gave them my best estimates regarding my freelance income and expected changes in future income. I'm sure the numbers were different. The Chase guys were very pleasant and helpful - my gut tells me that the conversation itself is more important than the actual numbers. But, as always, I could be wrong.

Espan, rodeojones and flyingdawg like this.
  5. rodeojones

rodeojones Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the reply...I appreciate it.

Espan likes this.