Applying chase sapphire & United explorer cards on the same day

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by kayjay, Nov 16, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. kayjay
    Original Member

kayjay Silver Member

Status Points:
    If I do apply both these cards on the same day -
    1. My credit report will have a single pull right?
    2. I got BA visa (100000 miles) card early this year and Onepass MC from Chase this year and my FICO credit score is 730 (My wife's is 760). Is there I need to be concerned about?

2. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    As far as I know, Chase will deny your second application.

3. mommypoints

mommypoints Gold Member

Status Points:
    Chase will automatically deny your second application, but there are some reports of that being changed when you call the reconsideration department. That is assuming you don't already have many other Chase cards.....in your case I honestly have pretty significant doubts that they will approve you for both at the same time given this will be your 3rd and 4th Chase cards this year.

You can certainly go for it (and see what happens), but if it were me, I would just go for the Sapphire right now and hold out for a better future offer on the United card. Or, have your wife go for one and you go for one. Whatever you decide to do, good luck!

4. FlyingBear
    Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Status Points:
    You'll most likely get denied on the second card. The score might be a bit low for Sapphire, so you might want to have that one as the second card. Calling typically gets you approved (I just did that) and even a 3rd/4th card is not a problem (also did that), but it being 4th in a year can be a serious issues, especially if you didn't use the other ones beyond whatever gave you the bonus points.

5. LAXtraveler
    Original Member

LAXtraveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just got my 2nd, 3rd and 4th Chase cards for the year all approved. My first was applied for earlier in the year and the last 3 were applied for last week (at one time). YMMV I guess.