Apply for additional cards now or wait?

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by slickw, Sep 23, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. slickw

slickw Silver Member

Status Points:
    I applied for and was approved at the beginning of September for the Chase Sapphire Prefered, American Express Starwood, and Barclay's US Air.

Prior to applying for the three cards Credit Karma showed I had a credit score of 766 with no hard pulls. Today, which is 3 weeks later, it shows a score of 768 with one hard pull (the Barclays that was approved).

I realize I can meet additional spend requirements (the only silver lining from a failed air conditioner unit) and now would like to try the two browser trick for the Citi cards.

Should I go ahead and apply for the 2 Citi cards now or wait for the 90 day anniversary from my initial three cards? If it is worthwhile to try for the Citi cards now would I be pushing my luck to also apply for a card with no minimum spend such as one of the BoA cards at the same time?

Thanks.
    Will

servo46250 and marcwint55 like this.
  2. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to Milepoint. I think you are okay with the Citi. I would probably wait for the B of A.

servo46250 likes this.
  3. robertw477

robertw477 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am not sure that Credit Karma is showing all the pulls n your case. If you applied for three cards like you mentioned, you would have three pulls, it has nothing to do with wheter they gave you the cards. I am surprised that Barclays said yes and the others did not. Your credit score was fine. Do you have alot of seasoned credit?

4. slickw

slickw Silver Member

Status Points:
    The initial three were all approved - my wording was a bit imprecise and made it appear as though the Barclay's was the only one approved. For what its worth, Credit Sesame shows my score jumped 17 points after the three were approved.

servo46250 likes this.