Apply DSU to 3-days booked separately

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by OceanTrotter3, Aug 3, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. OceanTrotter3

OceanTrotter3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi all,

I have made 2 separate bookings for a back-to-back stay. I'd initially booked 2 days during a promotion, and then later followed it up with another booking for an additional day on the regular rate. I was wondering if I call in to have DSU applied, would it cover all 3 days, or just one of the days?

Thanks!

2. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Theoretically, a DSU should cover all three days because (a) each booking is individually eligible for DSU, and (b) for the purpose of elite qualification, the two bookings will count as a single stay, so, therefore, they should be combinable into a single 3-night stay, which should be eligible for DSU.

In practice, you need to call to find out...

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
    OceanTrotter3 likes this.
  3. OceanTrotter3

Status Points:
    I will do the practice part then. Thanks. :)

4. afakhori

afakhori Silver Member

Status Points:
    should be fine. I called and had a DSU applied to a 3n stay I had, but they only had a suite avail for 2 nights. The Dia line agent split the res, applied the DSU and said to keep checking back, that if anything came avail for the 3rd night I could call back and she could recombine the res and apply the DSU. With that said, if they can separate it and apply a DSU im sure they can combine it to apply one. Good Luck!

5. OceanTrotter3

Status Points:
    Thanks! I'm actually still waiting for enrollment to the challenge. Once I do, I will call to make additional reservation/DSU, and hope for availability! :)

6. OceanTrotter3

Status Points:
    Was told to confirm the upgrade on day of arrival. I'm wondering is that on selected property, or should I be able to confirm the upgrade at reservation?

The property is Hangzhou Hyatt Regency.

Thanks!

7. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    Sounds like no availability right now. You should be able to confirm at booking if inventory available.

8. OceanTrotter3

Status Points:
    After a few phone calls on the U.S. side, I gave the local hotel a call. There was availability, and the agent was able to confirm the upgrade with me.
    I'm thinking maybe the U.S system have some restrictions in accessing some of the local properties?