Applied for 3 last night.. missed opportunity?

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by 98mike, Jul 17, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. 98mike

98mike Silver Member

Status Points:
    I applied for the Chase BA (faux booking option) 50k+50k, Virgin Air 65k & SPG for 15k+10k - all last night, about 11pm. Is my opportunity to hit the SPG business version gone this quickly? I'm wondering if waiting until tonight to apply for it is still an option that would A) keep an additional inquiry off and B) not jump up on AMEX's radar (I only have their Hilton card otherwise). I read many do the biz and personal SPG at the same time, curious if there is any less opportunity later than now to get it done. The 10k spend in 6 months, I'll make it happen for 50k star points!

Gargoyle likes this.
  2. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    From my understanding; you should be able to get the SPG business no problem as personal/business lines are different. I would just go for it & see what happens.

3. IkeEsq

IkeEsq Gold Member

Status Points:
    FWIW, there is a good chance the 30K SPG card will be coming back in another couple of weeks. May be worth your while to wait for it. A couple of blog posts and the fact that it has showed up the last two Summers are decent indicators.

travelinmike33 likes this.
  4. 98mike

98mike Silver Member

Status Points:
    If the 30k comes out within the next few weeks is AMEX decent about matching it? I'd hate to lose 5k.

5. LXJenkins
    Original Member

LXJenkins Silver Member

Status Points:
    In my experience Amex is great at matching. I've never had to do anything other than shoot them a quick secure message and within a few days the points are added to my account.

98mike likes this.
  6. mommypoints

mommypoints Gold Member

Status Points:
    Mixed success on an Amex match these days. Some get an easy "yes" others get stone walled. You probably can get a match, but there is no guarantee. I have heard the same rumors about a possible increased bonus coming a little later this summer for that card. Again, no guarantees, but you may want to see what develops......

Mikel and 98mike like this.