Apple Watch Edition: £13,500 smartwatch already selling out

Discussion in 'Travel Technology' started by uggboy, Apr 10, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Apple Watch Edition: £13,500 smartwatch already selling out

WilliamQ and Newscience like this.
  2. minicore

minicore New Member

Status Points:
    It's incredible, but I still don't see any practical usage for the current generation of smartwatchs.

uggboy likes this.
  3. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am not surprised but I just tell myself not to envy these folks that would spend so much on a watch that would not last too long since it is an electronic device.
    Now, if I have no dispose of £13,500, I would spread it over a few good vacations instead :D

uggboy likes this.
  4. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Same here. We would prefer to travel instead of "buying a watch". Cheers. :)

WilliamQ likes this.
  5. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Generally I buy my Apple products refurbished a generation or two back. But I think the watches time is now. I've not had a fitness tracker but the allure is there. I think if I did not have an access point for dialysis (fistula, surgically connected vein to an artery) on my left wrist/arm I think I probably would have jump on the pre-sale for a lower end model.

Regarding the £13,500 higher end model, I'm sure it will do very well. There is a lot of disposable income out there and it allows people access to a more exclusive product. I could see them limiting supply a bit more so its not only expensive but more exclusive.

uggboy likes this.
  6. pshuang

pshuang Silver Member

Status Points:
    Think of the top-end Apple Watch not as an actual useful piece of consumer electronics but rather as a social signalling device. Purchasers wish to advertise that they are the type of people who would want to drop £13,500 on this kind of signalling device. This will enable them to attract the type of people who are attracted to purchasers of expensive signalling devices and repel the type of people who are disgusted by expensive signalling devices. That attraction/repulsion may be a productive use of the incremental money spent for some such purchasers.

uggboy likes this.
  7. KateBennet

KateBennet Member

Status Points:
    I don't understand apple watches or any electronic watches. Especially for travel needs, they will be on only for one day and then what?

8. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    It seems that, after the fanboys jumped on it the first day, sales have leveled off. :p

apple-watch-sales.jpg

MX likes this.