Apple to ship new iPhone in Sept: Report

Discussion in 'Travel Technology' started by ACMM, Apr 20, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Link

Published On Wed Apr 20 2011
    Reuters

HONG KONG — Apple Inc’s next-generation iPhone will have a faster processor and will begin shipping in September, three people with direct knowledge of the company’s supply chain said. The production of the new iPhone will start in July/August and the smartphone will look largely similar to the iPhone 4, one of the people said on Wednesday.The iPhone — introduced in 2007 with the touchscreen, on-demand application template now adopted by its rivals — remains the gold standard in the booming smartphone market.

More at the link above

sobore, Concerto and Chimpy like this.
  2. emajy
    Original Member

emajy Silver Member

Status Points:
  3. chanp
    Original Member

chanp Silver Member

Status Points:

4. Art234
    Original Member

Art234 Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I would advise waiting for I-phone 6 if you care about speed. Information is that until there is a single chip which can handle 3G and 4G LTE (Verizon at least), the improvements will only be incremental. LTE screams, and leaves AT&T's alleged 4G in the dust.

Wife just got a new I-Phone 4 from Verizon and I must say, as tech challenged as she is, she's not doing badly...checks it as often as I do my Crackberry.

5. 7Continents
    Original Member

7Continents Silver Member

Status Points:
    If the Verizon iPhone were CDMA and GSM would anyone switch? I'm Verizon now and it's the only perk that would get me on an iPhone instead of Droid.

6. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Aren't both AT&T and Verizon using the same technology, LTE, for their 4G networks?

7. Art234
    Original Member

Art234 Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    AT&T is using HSPA with backflow (?). Verizon is using LTE. None of the Ipads or Iphones currently available are compatible with 4G and according to Apple won't be for quite a while (the issue is waiting for 1 single chip which can run 3G and 4G together.

Side note, my Ipad showed up this morning, 3 days ahead of original estimates!!

8. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
  9. chanp
    Original Member

chanp Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would consider it. I've been traveling alot intl lately and wouldnt mind the iphone. I've had apple products for a while now, the iphone is a great device.