apple gift cards and plastic jungle?

Discussion in 'Travel Technology' started by estnet, Mar 22, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have $x00 in apple gift cards (from brokerage promotions), but I'm really turned off to apple at the moment. The only way I see to turn these info cash is plastic jungle - does anyone know if they are reliable or have any other suggestions for exchanging these for something useful to me?

Didn't know where to post this - hope this is the right forum.

2. guberif

guberif Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've "sold" gift cards to United through their gift card buying service. Turned a $100 card I didn't need in to 4000 miles. Worked well for what I needed.

3. adambadam
    Original Member

adambadam Silver Member

Status Points:
    Plastic jungle is a legit website and the process is fairly straight forward, especially if it is one of the partners where you can just type in the number and don't have to send the physical card.

4. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Are these Apple retail store gift cards (good for hardware) or Apple Online Store (itunes, mac apple store) cards? I'm guessing they're online cards. Perhaps unfortunately for you, it's pretty easy to get Apple online iTunes type cards at a 15 or 20% discount from major retailers. Best Buy, for example, was selling $100 cards for $80 until just yesterday. That might mean Plastic Jungle will pay less than what you hope.

5. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    They're apple cards not itune cards

6. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    They hold a lot of value -- glad to hear it!

7. harvson3

harvson3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I sent my first card to PlasticJungle and it seems to have arrived safely. They pay for postage but with a large order I might pay the extra for tracking and peace of mind next time. Their label didn't print out with the highest resolution, which made me a tad nervous.

ThereseKhu likes this.
  8. SuperKirby

SuperKirby Gold Member

Status Points:
    Apple isn't a partner anymore, right? I don't see it listed on their website. https://secure.unitedmileageplus.com/cmhst/gcWelcome.html

Also, the $100 GC for 4,000 UA miles is a great deal. I usually don't see 2.5 cents/mile. It's typically 3c/mile, yeah?

ThereseKhu likes this.