Apple Airpods

Discussion in 'Travel Technology' started by 159515100, Nov 17, 2017.  |  Print Topic

1. 159515100

159515100 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have been using Bose over the ear bluetooth headphones when traveling for the last several years and have enjoyed them. They were convenient when the need to plug into the airline audio jack using the optional cord that came with them and might be the continued solution for what I am looking for. My preference however would to leave them at home and use the Apple Airpods that I recently purchased as they are so much more compact and in some ways more comfortable. My question is how can I use them to listen to the audio feed on an airplane given that they are simply Bluetooth headphones that are pared to both my iPad and iPhone X which as a reminder has no audio jack. Is there an item that can plug into the audio jack on an aircraft that will allow my iPhone X or iPad to allow the sound to be played through my wireless Airpods? Any input or success stories would be appreciated. Thanks.

satman40 likes this.
  2. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would be more worried about losing them,, you can plug a converter in the headphone jack of the aircraft, and transmit the signal via Bluetooth.

We use them for TV audio broadcast, in homes..check Amazon,