Apparently not even the TSA guys like the TSA guys... :)

Discussion in 'Travel Security' started by viguera, Apr 4, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Seems an off-duty TSA officer by the name of Steven Trivett confronted some foul-mouthed TSA screeners at JFK on the morning of the 28th.

Trivett was apparently exiting Terminal 8 when he overheard a group of TSA screeners chatting it up, with some rather colorful language (it is New York after all). He confronted them and told them that they should "conduct themselves more professionally in uniform and not use profanity or the n-word."

Any New Yorker will tell you what the obvious reply to this sort of statement is, which is what Trivett was told: to mind his *bleeping* business. Crass, but that's what happens.

Trivett then identified himself as "a TSA officer" and attempted to grab the ID tags belonging to the offending screener, so as to report her to her superior.

Of course this didn't go well, and Trivett ended up getting shoved and with coffee thrown all over him.

The offending screener was arrested on harassment and misdemeanor-assault charges.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/...bxUzbYoH5HGP?utm_medium=rss&utm_content=Local

N965VJ likes this.
  2. dhammer53
    Original Member

dhammer53 Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's always tough when we (New Yorkers) argue with each other. Many times we can communicate with each other by using a series of looks and nods. :D No need for actual talking.

When a New Yorker sees/observes another New Yorker doing something that's wrong, we feel the need, have the urge, to do the right thing and correct a bad situation.

I hate to say this, but some of us (New Yorkers) are a$$ holes.

SC Flier, N965VJ and viguera like this.
  3. N965VJ
    Original Member

N965VJ Silver Member

Status Points:
    The person that had the coffee thrown in his face by a TSA employee was a pilot who also happened to be a FFDO. I've flown with a number of FFDOs, and none of them have ever referred to themselves as a "TSA officer". ;)

4. Captain Oveur
    Original Member

Captain Oveur Gold Member

Status Points:
    I remember reading from the other board people who say they were FAMs (it IS the internet, y'know), and them saying they're not fans of being lumped into the ranks of working with the TSA. Even though they technically are under the purview of the TSA.

N965VJ likes this.
  5. Captain Oveur
    Original Member

Captain Oveur Gold Member

Status Points:
    The funniest part of the story is the response the TSA issued.

Not the boilerplate (this doesn't reflect upon the 50,000, blah blah blah) stuff, but this "reminder...."

It's one thing to tout the majority of screeners who, even I believe, truly want to do a good job. And I really believe that. But seriously, a jar of mayonnaise?

N965VJ likes this.
  6. N965VJ
    Original Member

N965VJ Silver Member

Status Points:
    The TSA considers mayonnaise a gel, so maybe they were concerned a tewwowist would make a Sandwich of Mass Destruction. :eek::p