Apparently hurt by defections from ordinary people. United offering bonus miles from nov-Jan

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by ahappyelite, Oct 20, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. ahappyelite

ahappyelite Silver Member

Status Points:
    So, United, why not just restore the miles based ff program as a bold statement you are competing to be the best US airline for Business and Econony travellers? You have taken the first start with bonus miles from Nov through Jan for those who see no reason to fly with the current basically worthless program (90 pct reduction in earnings for most). A targetted promotion of 6k miles is floating around at present.
    On a more serious note, best wishes to the new CEO, safe air travel to magical places is still amazing-we are asking the industry to work to make it better and more affordable, instead of prohibitively expensive and worse.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  2. ahappyelite

Status Points:
    Mr. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$miseks parachute was $ 29 MILLION for running a company his successor says was dysfunctional and certainly disdained by customers and employees ( wonder why there is a maintenance issue every other flight???)

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  3. colpuck
    Original Member

colpuck Gold Member

Status Points:
  4. ahappyelite

Status Points:
    The American air passenger is clearly disgusted by modern day air travel in case you haven't noticed. Coukd our price fixing. greedy airlines go bust even with no competition? Many think so. If you ask the air customer what they want, it is pretty much everything that the air cartel is NOT SELLING. Low fares are almost always at the top of the list for those not passing along the costs

5. Captain Oveur
    Original Member

Captain Oveur Gold Member

Status Points:
    UA has been doing MP promotions at the end of the year for awhile. Shouldn't the question be why they're not doing EQM promotions?

6. Dublin_rfk

Dublin_rfk Gold Member

Status Points:
    I guess that I missed the memo about lack of low fares and price gouging. I am in the middle of a ten legged, four country, fourteen day, Business Class expedition that with the ticket cost and all of those taxes, fees, surcharges and surprises comes in at 4.6K usd and reaps @38K PQM's. Oh yeah while on the subject only one leg priced out lower on a foreign air carrier.

Steve GadFly likes this.
  7. stephenbgarvan

stephenbgarvan Silver Member

Status Points:
    and PLEASE reinstate 3rd bag allowance for millionmilers-no matter what their current status is. 1 of the most longterm value benefits for me.And I have been very loyal for many years,pay for all myself.This is an easy one. Kind thanks