Apologists! Learn to love the new BA..

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by redtailshark, Aug 31, 2016.  |  Print Topic

1. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, you see what's happening. Look at the explosion in complaints, including from some heretefore BA apologists.

Learn to love...

The service reductions.
    The WT/ET food cuts... e.g. the amuse bouche, the elimination of second food service on a range of LH flights. Muahahaha!! HAHAHAHA!
    The increasingly useless and hostile CS via all channels.
    The embarrassment of the pax-facing staff inc. aircrew who must handle the righteous outrage over these cuts.

Yes, learn to love... the resurgent DILBERTISM!!

Senor Cruz appears to have a new concept. He wants to challenge the King Leprechaun on his own turf. There will only be one outcome to this strategy. Let me help you. It won't be victory for S. Cruz.

Maybe its WW thinking he can outsmart King Leprechaun... a bad idea, if ever there was one.

London Airways is shrinking its way to...well, not profitability exactly, but slow extinction, more like...

k69 and tommy777 like this.
  2. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    If you've ever flown Vueling/Iberia, you know what's coming... On Iberia LHR-MAD I had to pay 3 euros for water in Eco. Good times.

But history has shown us that BA is good at taking criticism and go back on things quite often

Let's hope that'll be the case here

redtailshark and k69 like this.
  3. k69

k69 New Member

Status Points:

4. redtailshark

Status Points:
    Yes, I agree that BA has recovered from the ashes before...specifically, the airline was very close to collapse in 2009, Senor Walsh now reveals....some of us knew it at the time - remember the sudden pay cut warning at that time? I've worked for an organization that collapsed suddenly and there were two weeks of warning.. a late pay cycle for everyone in the firm, then lockout and complete cessation of ops.
    This time, the entity isn't even pretending to maintain service levels, which you will recall, it did before in a desperate effort to protect its fortress Heathrow yields. Now, other factors are at work which include the gradual reduction in high-yield corporate travel, increasing Y-only policies and so on, and without a meaningful UK feeder network

Look what's happened at airports like BHX and EDI, where the BA share of total traffic was relatively much higher in 2005 than it is now...see the story...

BA are to say the least not well-positioned to survive such premium pax yield decimation. When AA and UA offer better service, more food on TATL Y, then you know things are bad. How this will help, I can't see.

The water..muahaha! Actually I did fly IB MAD-LHR a few weeks ago and there was decent food and wine, but then I was seated in intra-EU "J."

DY, for one, are poised to profit from this with LH lo-co product. I use them. I hope however that DY can manage a less hard landing than they did on my EDI-ARN sector last Sunday...

ETA: the chickens are indeed coming home to roost! Cancellation of LCY-JFK flights... BA had better start innovating beyond their customary target cushioned London financier sector, fast....

tommy777 likes this.
  5. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    Wait, they shut down LCY-JFK??

6. redtailshark

Status Points:
  7. EZEIZA
    Original Member

EZEIZA Silver Member

Status Points:
    I forgot all about this forum, now I know why. :D

David and redtailshark like this.
  8. redtailshark

Status Points:
    Bienvenidos, muchacho! Como siempre, es bueno hablar contigo.... you haven't forgotten about this, you're here after all. Now that you are, I have a question. You call yourself Ezeiza, well, have you ever ridden the municipal bus from 5 de Mayo to the actual town of Ezeiza, not the express one, but the one that stops at the college and many other places and takes over 2 hours to reach the airport out in the pampas? Number 7 is it, can't recall. If you haven't, then how can you appropriate such a user ID? Much better to use AEP anyway if you can.

Ahorra, amigo, onto the favorite topic of BA... I admit it's most amusing reading the rage of BA apologists regarding the recent and ongoing degradations.... now many delays/missed connex caused by another partial shutdown, just two days ago, of the notorious FLY system. It's unbelievable how short-sighted attempts to "optimize" the system from an IT managerial perspective create tremendous vulnerabilities and destroy all system resilience... entailing huge costs of failure, which become routinized.... but those are the Nigels and Nigellas of Waterworld, insulated from customers to the maximum degree much like British - and some EU - politicians.... Muahaha! T5 checkin sucks rocks because of the customer-hostile architectures, all driven by the classic British management allergy to meeting and dealing with real people, the hoi polloi on the streets.

9. redtailshark

Status Points:
    Muauaha! Buy On Board coming to...wait, LHR! LGW! All (short-haul....but how long will it be limited to these?) routes!

Oh yeah! Now, we see a more competitive playing field and it's time for FR, DY, EZ, SN, SK to rake it in. At this point, why even bother selecting BA for intra-EU flying? More likelihood of punctual, efficient, point-to-point, and as-advertised service from these others. And DY/SK and especially SN's BoB isn't worse than BA's. For example, I can buy LEFFE on board for 3E on SN. That whips BA's new offerings...

Involution. The Musee D'Orsay awaits... or is that the Historic Leprechaun Ranch?

Mrp Alert likes this.