APA votes to approve contract

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by JAbrams72, Jan 30, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. JAbrams72
    Original Member

JAbrams72 Gold Member

Status Points:
  2. zphelj

zphelj Gold Member

Status Points:
    23 % pay raise this year .. that's going to be a nice. I'd be curious to know of any analysis of the Miami base going the other direction. I see they are still complaining but I suspect the majority was reasonably certain binding arbitration would have been worse, not better than this.

tom911 likes this.
  3. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Will be interesting, as we got out the next 5+ years, if they would have done better with profit sharing. The pilots union thought they would partly based on he spectacular numbers in play at Delta for last year, but will that continue year after year if the economy slows down? One thing we don't know yet is how travel from the EU to the US will be impacted on currency exchange. I suspect a lot of Europeans will not venture to New York City for Christmas shopping this year if the Euro is 1:1 which is one forecast that I've seen, let alone multiple week vacations. A lot of discretionary travel will be on the line. I know when the Euro was at $1.60, I limited my Europe time to 3-4 day weekends and did my ground time elsewhere. On the other hand, how many Americans that weren't planning Europe travel this year are fired up and ready to go?

I'll personally benefit from 10 day trips coming up in February, March and April.