APA Reports Progress in AA Contract Negotiations/Agreement on New LH for 777W's

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by stuartfla, Nov 7, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. stuartfla
    Original Member

stuartfla Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is from Friday Nov 4- The LH agreement shows potential of MIA-NRT, MIA-JNB. Please note I said potential and not probability although I keep hoping!!!:D

http://blogs.star-telegram.com/sky_talk/2011/11/update-on-american-pilot-talks.html

"Negotiations with AA senior management continued this week. The parties reached a verbal agreement on long-haul flying where management agrees that flights scheduled for more than 16 hours of block time will be manned with two captains and two first officers. Provisions of the Delhi letter (LOA 05-08) will be incorporated into Supplement I of the contract. Discussions continue on issues related to satellite base options in light of the announced closure of the SFO pilot domicile and the potential for other pilot base closures in the future. The long-haul agreement will be signed once the satellite base issue has been resolved"

2. Tenmoc
    Original Member

Tenmoc Gold Member

Status Points:
    MIA JNB would be a huge OW addition.

Good to see the union and management are making progress.

DestinationDavid and LETTERBOY like this.
  3. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Would love to see AA attempt Africa, personally. Financially, I'm far from informed about the viability though.

Tenmoc likes this.
  4. ord_a380

ord_a380 Silver Member

Status Points:
    OMG, i would love the JNB route flight... Beats connecting through LHR for BA........ Prob with the MIA- JNB route is everyone would want to use miles to redeem travel there.....

Tenmoc likes this.