Anyway to verify what promos you signed up for

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by bthobe, Oct 25, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. bthobe
    Original Member

bthobe Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is there anyway online I can find out which promo codes I signed up for on the AA website? There has been so many lately, I am not really sure which ones I did or not sign up for. The main one I am wondering about was flying another 25k to get the bump up to Exec Plat which with one quick mileage run, is very possible for me.

Thanks all

Jett Rink likes this.
  2. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    usually when you sign up for a promo; AA send you an email that you've successfully registered.

But keep in mind that you might be able to sign up for every promo that AA has; but unless you've been targeted ... it aint gonna happen

wrxmom likes this.
  3. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Are you referring to the offer from status matched UA 1Ks?

4. bthobe
    Original Member

bthobe Silver Member

Status Points:
    No, I am refering to a promo that stated if you fly x miles between Sept-Dec you get Gold through 2014, y miles plat and z miles Exec Plat

5. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    bthobe likes this.
  6. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Ah. Well you should have an email inviting you to the promo, and if you registered for the promo, and email saying you've registered.

You were targeted on this offer, correct?

You can always enter the promo code into AA.com while logged into your account and it will tell you if you're already registered for the promo.

7. bthobe
    Original Member

bthobe Silver Member

Status Points:
    Exactly! You got it
    Yes, I do remember getting the promo e-mail but for the life of me, I don't remember if I signed up for it or not. I checked through past e-mails but usually end up deleting everything unless they are very important.

I will try giving the AA desk a call to see if they can tell me what promos I have signed up and are still currently eligible for.

8. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    If you go to AA.com's promo pages and enter the promo code, it will tell you "You've already registered for this promo" if you signed up previously, too.

wrxmom, bthobe and edekba like this.
  9. bthobe
    Original Member

bthobe Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sweet. Thanks for the heads up.

10. lichenlt
    Original Member

lichenlt Silver Member

Status Points:
    I repeatedly heard ppl say that AA will deny the benefits if you were not targeted in the first place, even though the system sent you a confirmation email. I did not get that target email but signed up for it anyway, now I just called AAdvantage desk and the agent confirmed and left a note in my account saying that I'm registered and should be awarded the benefits (i.e. status upgrade) provided I meet the requirements of the promotion. Does this mean I can do my MR now?

11. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    That's your call. If it was me, I wouldn't until I had something from AA in writing. And even then I'd probably still not do it.

edekba and lichenlt like this.
  12. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    I signed up, flew the required miles and nothing. But I didnt call AA to confirm or not ... but either way from What i've read ... unless you're targeted it doesnt matter.

lichenlt likes this.