Anything on DL to HKG

Discussion in 'Mileage Runs/Travel Hacking' started by acox28, Feb 21, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. acox28

acox28 Active Member

Status Points:
    I can leave out of any airport from ATL, CLT, GSO, RDU and might even consider Washington/New York airports for the right price. I don't have any departure dates in mind, but would like to spend a couple of days in HKG. I keep searching ITA, but have been unable to put together the right flights to make it a viable MR.

2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    There's now only one DL flight into HKG on DL and that one comes from NRT. So I'm guessing you're asking how to route to NRT from one of your airports so as to maximize the miles? Maybe a routing something like WAS-ATL-LAX-NRT? Or ATL-JFK-LAX-NRT if this is legal?

3. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Cheapest price my guess would be something like NYC-LAX (lots of T fares available every day) then either LAX- NRT-HKG or LAX-SEA-NRT-HKG. Also look at via HND with airport change. Bus costs 3000 yen and takes from 1-2 hours. Be forewarned though that I don't think it operates when those night flights from HND get in

4. acox28

acox28 Active Member

Status Points:
    I forgot about the problems with DL and HKG. What about any routings with another skyteam member?

I will look into the routes through LAX.

5. tfd

tfd Silver Member

Status Points:
    Since DL dropped their DTW-HKG flight, there hasn't been a sale to HKG on DL since October 18th, 2012 that's under 6CPM when they put HKG on sale from ATL/MSP/DTW for $685 - $696. However, the sale was not that useful because there were only 4 fixed departure dates.

6. anpe

anpe Active Member

Status Points:
    FYI, if anybody is still interested in this, I'm seeing some availability from SEA/PDX for under 6cpm. Not strictly MR-worthy, but fairly good if somebody wanted to spend couple nights and explore the city anyway.

7. anpe

anpe Active Member

Status Points:
    tfd, nice blog! subscribed.