Anyone use these Regus lounges?

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by slalom, Jun 13, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. slalom

slalom Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just received the following promotion from AC/Altitude...not sure if it went to all or only 50K+, but wondering if anyone has made use of these lounges and business centers. It seems like they are all over the place. I have to register in a hurry, I only have six and a half months!
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    We know you often do business far from home, so we want to help you do business as usual. That's why we've partnered with Regus, the world's largest provider of workplace solutions—including offices, meeting rooms and business lounges.

As an Air Canada Altitude™ member, you automatically get a twelve-month Regus Businessworld Preferred membership*—a value of $450. This membership is valid for 15 visits to over 1,500 Internet-equipped business lounges in 600 cities worldwide, including over 50 locations in Canada. But hurry! You must activate your membership by December 31, 2013.

Upon activation of your membership, you will also receive:
    • Two complimentary Regus business lounge guest passes
    • One month free for a fully furnished office or virtual office
    It's that easy to gain access to a global network of business services that helps you get the job done – wherever your travels take you. Activate today.

Air Canada

Kalboz likes this.
  2. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    Got this today too. I recall it was listed as an Elite benefit but I suppose like some of the others (fast track to Fairmont Platinum) people are not following up and registering. I'm familiar with these offices in various cities and suppose they could be useful if one does need support services and meeting facilities when on the road. A bit more prestigious than "let's meet at the Starbucks at King and Yonge...".

Kalboz likes this.
  3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    DL has offered Regus cards to some DL elites. Check for a thread on this in the DL forum here or on FT.

Kalboz likes this.
  4. I beg your pardon.:cool: I have had several successful meetings at that very Starbucks and a bunch of Timmies and other Starbucks across the Country. Many of my clients don't like to meet in their own offices and prefer the informality of a coffee shop due to the nature of the work I do. Regus offices would not do the trick in most cases. I can also rent small hotel conference rooms for almost nothing in some cases.

Kalboz likes this.
  5. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    One of my clients, a financial planner, works mostly from her home office, but uses the Regus facilities in Philadelphia when she is seeing clients there. She's very happy with them. In the past, she paid rent on office space she only used while in town.

Kalboz likes this.
  6. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    In my experience hotel conference rooms are only free if you buy their (expensive!) catering services. In general, I would consider a Regus meeting room to be much more comfortable and effective than a hotel conference room (and I've been to a lot of those).

We actually have Regus in our building, so I'll probably sign up. Sometimes we need some extra space ... or free coffee ...

Kalboz and YULtide like this.
  7. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    I used the one in Bangkok (photos below) and it was excellent with great equipment that came in handy as I couldn't download certain work-related files with the hotel lounge computers. I got the Gold Regus membership for free thanks to a blog post by Loyalty Lobby: http://loyaltylobby.com/2013/03/17/...regus-businessworld-gold-membership-for-free/
    [​IMG]
    Was given a huge Apple computer to use with view overlooking the SGS​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

iolaire likes this.
  8. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've had complimentary year long memberships from a couple of elite programs. I found them useful for internet access (when it was convenient, actually around the corner from my hotel) when I didn't have free hotel access and it was expensive (eg Europe).
    Though I haven't had need for use of office I've had friends who have found them useful. I wouldn't pay for it given my use patterns, but I don't know what your needs are.

Kalboz likes this.