anyone notice *A awards this winter availability Dry up?

Discussion in 'Star Alliance' started by cotter77, Jun 16, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. cotter77
    Original Member

cotter77 Silver Member

Status Points:
    title says its all
    the flights i have been watching, mostly return flights from DPS to east coast USA have completely dried up in last 24-48 hrs.
    its crazy
    i thought it had something to do with june 15 and CO going to one way awards.
    thoughts?

2. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    What flights in particular are you seeing inventory disappear on, DPS-BKK? DPS-SIN? or availability from BKK/SIN back to the US? What method are you using to search the inventory?

3. cotter77
    Original Member

cotter77 Silver Member

Status Points:
    its not so much the Immediate hubs of SIN/BKK-DPS but the intermediate connections seemed to dissappear very quickly though many different cities and sectors. via Europe or Asia.

4. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Don't search DPS-Wherever. Search DPS-BKK separately from, say, BKK-LHR/CDG/MUC/FRA/MAD/FCO/CDG/etc. And BKK-IST-Wherever shouldn't be given short shrift.

5. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Are you talking about coach, C or F? I think one of the issues you are seeing is the change in aircraft configuration. With LH changing their 747s to only 8 FC seats instead of 16 they are cutting the number of awards available. They also have eliminated partner awards on the A380 business and F cabins. Net result is a significant reduction in the number of LH C and F awards that are available to partners.