Anyone in Marco Island FL this week (or FLL this weeekend)?

Discussion in 'Other U.S. Destinations' started by Mike Reed, Jul 1, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    Spending a week in Marco island and fly out from FLL on Sunday after a weekend stay on the beach. Would love to say hello!

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

Sweet Willie likes this.
  2. Jett Rink
    Original Member

Jett Rink Silver Member

Status Points:
    July is prolly the worst month for stays in SWF, due to the weather, but the longer one stays, there are always good days or short hours to escape the weather.

When Jett Rink thinks back to stays in Marco, the awesome Florida Fighting Conch always, always comes to mind.

I think a law was passed that you can't collect these critters live, though.

3. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    Correct, a lot of threatened native FL fauna is protected from being bothered by people. Btw, bothering includes any interference, such as petting or feeding them. There are state services that may relocate those critters that make a major nuisance, like gators or bats.
    Watch out for yellow caution tape on beaches. It usually marks buried turtle nests. There are major fines for walking into marked areas or otherwise disturbing it.

Jett Rink likes this.
  4. Jett Rink
    Original Member

Jett Rink Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think Mike should know that it is costume de rigueur, and to be fawned over, to be wearing a thong bikini in Marco.

Mike, are you up to it? :)

5. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    perhaps better traction in the Meetup forum as that is what the forum was designed for.
    http://milepoint.com/forums/forums/meetups.148/

Mangrove fishing is awesome in that area, probably cheaper to book during hell months as opposed to high season.

6. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    Easier with a schoolteacher wife. :)

We own at the Charter Club, an HGVC affiliated resort, and their peak season is actually Jun-Aug due to the summer demand from families. Interesting note: less than 1% of the 4160 unit-weeks are association owned. Best ebay purchase I've made.

We enjoy Marco and come annually, so never bothered paying for HGVC, and maintenance fees on the units are reasonable (they're all ocean facing 2/2's). Works well for us!

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint