Anyone here fly fish?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by Chase, Feb 20, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Chase
    Original Member

Chase Silver Member

Status Points:
    So a little background on me:

I'm 24, getting my engineering degree and waiting to see and face the real world. I used to fly fish when I was younger, this included tying my own flies. I have an uncle that lives in Bozeman, MT, and he taught me a lot about the sport.

Needless to say, I'm pretty busy right now, too busy to fly fish. I've sold nearly all of my gear, save some waiters and wading boots. Eventually I'd like to get back in the game and experience some of the great places in the world for fly fishing, Patagonia, New Zealand, the northern Atlantic region, etc.

So, my question for the MP community: do any of you fly fish, and if so, where have you experienced the greatest fishing?

Gargoyle likes this.
  2. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    No, I just fly airplanes. I've never tried to fly a fish. Sounds interesting, can we earn miles that way?

[​IMG]

sterno24, Pharaoh and Chase like this.
  3. Chase
    Original Member

Chase Silver Member

Status Points:
    It is plenty expensive, just charge it [​IMG]

Pharaoh likes this.
  4. Pharaoh
    Original Member

Pharaoh Gold Member

Status Points:
    I first was taught to fly fish in the Aldabra Atoll, Seychelles. In particular on Cosmoledo, but some on Picard as well. Let's just say I fail to see the overall romance of the sport -- it was really easy.