Anyone have any trouble buying and using lounge day passes on Ebay?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by LAM, Apr 20, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. LAM

LAM Silver Member

Status Points:
    Looking to possible buy 2 or 4 Delta lounge passes for my parents for the 50th Anniversary trip. They have a 4 hr layover in Minneapolis and on the way home they have a 6 or 8 hr layover in Seattle. I saw passes for sale on Ebay 2 for $49. Has anyone had any problems buying and using lounge passes found on Ebay?

2. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Use to give them away, for Karma...

FT, CC is off now many use to give them away, Ebay should be OK, look at the sellers numbers

3. cc1972

cc1972 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Some years years ago, I bought a few from Ebay and didn't have any problems at all. They were for Air Canada, though, not Delta; and I was flying Air Canada at the time.

4. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you're a DL elite, have a DL AmEx card, or have a SC membership, you might be able to buy passes directly from DL at a discount. Around the holidays DL was selling them at four for $99 in SCs. I'd check prices with DL before going to eBay.

IIRC SC passes can also be purchased during OLCI on delta.dumb. You might also be able to add them to the cart when purchasing tickets, during the step when you're asked about travel insurance.

When are the parents traveling? Most people can take two guests until May 1 and those with SC memberships will lose guest benefits at staggered times if they don't opt for the more expensive membership.

5. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Parents seem to be traveling TPAC to NRT/Asia. If one has GM or higher status or is traveling in BE, they will have lounge access without passes.

6. LAM

LAM Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks everyone. I have no status and no Delta CCs. They are traveling IAD to Fairbanks the end of June for a land tour and then a cruise that ends in Vancouver. I did not have enough points to get them home from Vancouver so they are taking a cruise bus (their choice I tried to talk them into taking Amtrak and staying a night in Seattle) to Seattle to fly home the redeye through Atlanta.

7. Boraxo

Boraxo Silver Member

Status Points:
    No trouble using UA lounges with the passes. Of course I am 1K