Anyone getting double booking on mix itin?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by AZjohn, Feb 14, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. AZjohn

AZjohn Silver Member

Status Points:
    For the second time in a week I had one of my PNR's with mixed itineraries double book the flights (like 2 of each connecting flights). Anyone else having this issue?
    BTW, the first double booking PNR pulled a second SWU out of my sponsor's account. Glad he is understanding about it :)

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Are the itineraries exactly identical or slightly off? If the latter, I think it has to do with prepping for the PSS cutover. If the former then it is probably also related to that but not intentional.

3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    There could be a problem with very minor schedule changes that need to be accepted.

4. AZjohn

AZjohn Silver Member

Status Points:
    No, exact same flights, and times. They were all UG'ed and half of the flights are correct and the second halfs (the exact same flights double booked) doesn't show the seat reserved but seat map goes to economy when I click through them.
    I'm sure it has something to do with the merging of systems, but two different PNR's less then one week appart is strange. BTW, I also got e-mail conformation's whiched tipped me off (booked both of these months ago).

5. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'd call it in at this point based on that.

AZjohn likes this.
  6. HeathrowGuy
    Original Member

HeathrowGuy Gold Member

Status Points:

I've had this happen multiple times, and the best fix is to have CO take over the PNR, eliminate dupe segments, and reissue to 005 ticket stock.

7. AZjohn

AZjohn Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hmmmm, part of me thinks this would be opening a big can of worms as it was booked with UA and UG instruments were from UA account.
    I just got off the phone with UA and like before, they said it's going to take a while to figure it out and get it fixed and will e-mail me later rather then keeping me on hold.
    Thanks for all the inputs, just was curious if anyone else was having the same recent issue.

8. Tom
    Original Member

Tom Silver Member

Status Points:
    Now if only you could get double miles for this! :D

AZjohn likes this.
  9. stephenbgarvan

stephenbgarvan Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have had several of these recently- triple booked on Jna 26 from Salt Lake to Chicago then double booked on a return leg from Brussels ,crossing US to Spokane about a week later.. Some say its the pending computer switch,some say not...
    Then this week-last 5 days all kind of trouble booking hotel for miles on United at certain LA hotels( 2 different 1 night stays) where I know rooms available but could never complete the process ,despite hours of trying...

AZjohn likes this.
  10. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Same here have had this issue on a few itineraries including a future trip to ICN.

AZjohn likes this.