Anyone fly UA 952 In F (ORD-MUC)

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by THREEA4ME, Dec 25, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. THREEA4ME
    Original Member

THREEA4ME Silver Member

Status Points:
    I booked it as part of an award ticket on devaluing Aeroplan miles (LAX-ORD-MUC-IST) and wondering what I can expect in terms of service/seat/lounge etc...

2. meFIRST

meFIRST Silver Member

Status Points:
    3 Cabin Global First?

- Access to the Global First Lounge at Chicago ( still closed for renovation?)
    - Extra soup course, ( in a very small bowl )
    - Slightly more attentive service
    - Turndown ( you must request, they won't offer without asking)
    - Wider space
    - LOTS OF STORAGE SPACE
    - Nicer larger amenity kit
    - Mattress to place on top of your seat. Not as fluffy as the kind that Emirates gives out in Business Class but ok none the less. Sufficient
    - Duvet
    - TWO PILLOWS. One larger one and one smaller one

The last page of the menu contains the list of amenities, but notice the drink list is not there because it has been removed

3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    You can use the GFL in LAX and ORD. Much nicer/quieter than the UClub but not really world-class. Seat is a flat bed with decent amount of space. Service will be dinner then sleep followed by breakfast just before landing. I'd skip it and sleep more.

Lounge in MUC will be the LH Biz lounge unless you are *G; that will get you Senator lounge.

4. THREEA4ME
    Original Member

THREEA4ME Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks so much! I love your site and tried to figure out better routing -- I have to leave March 12 and return March 16 and I have 145k Aeroplan miles -- is there better routing worth the $90 change fee?

5. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    LAX-MUC/FRA-IST in LH F would be worth $90 IMO but likely only to show up last minute if at all. LAX-IST in biz might be, too. Not F, of course, but TK biz is solid and the non-stop would be nice.

6. THREEA4ME
    Original Member

THREEA4ME Silver Member

Status Points:
    Can't fly LH using Aeroplan - it's $1000 in taxes -- best option is on Turkish but not avail on dates I need

7. chitownflyer
    Original Member

chitownflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    TK Business is very well regarded. If you can find an LH F award, I would strongly encourage you to redeem miles for it even with the surcharges. AFAIK, LH only releases F as airline partner awards within 14 days of departure. The onboard amenities like caviar, champagne, and Van Laack pyjamas are great. The FRA First Class Terminal is soemthing everyone in the miles and points community should experience. LH C on the A380 or 747-8 would also be a good choice. It is best to keep on checking award inventory for TK & LH premium awards.

8. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Yes, LH F is nice. But not worth $1000 extra IMO.

9. THREEA4ME
    Original Member

THREEA4ME Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would love to see a better redemption if anyone sees one